FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Villa have withdrawn their offer for WILSON as he wants to join Newcastle.  Happy with this as he turns 29 this season and doesn't want to join us.

No point trying to persuade a Bournemouth player with a mediocre scoring record to sign.

Unless there is a massive turn around in our transfer business this season looks even bleaker than I thought it would be.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely, we seem to be 'penny pinching' unfortunately as the transfer window nears it's end prices will only go up not down. If we have identified a player we need to pay the price and get it

Benrahma?, I'd like to see him sign but think Brentford need to lower their expectations regarding the fee.  I'd prefer Harry Wilson as the additional attacker.  But definitely need to add some better

Tottenham Hotspur are ‘making a dramatic late move’ for Ollie Watkins and ‘fighting hard’ with Aston Villa to sign the Brentford striker, according to The Sun on Sunday (6 September, page 61).

It is claimed that Brentford have hired an agency to sell last season’s 26-goal Championship top scorer, alerting Tottenham.

29 minutes ago, markymark said:

Tottenham Hotspur are ‘making a dramatic late move’ for Ollie Watkins and ‘fighting hard’ with Aston Villa to sign the Brentford striker, according to The Sun on Sunday (6 September, page 61).

It is claimed that Brentford have hired an agency to sell last season’s 26-goal Championship top scorer, alerting Tottenham.

If we lose out its entirely out own fault, should have wrapped this one up weeks ago.

Absolutely, we seem to be 'penny pinching' unfortunately as the transfer window nears it's end prices will only go up not down.

If we have identified a player we need to pay the price and get it done, or move on.

WATKINS & BENRAHMA should have been done weeks ago, if we really are interested in signing them.

Then the 'need time to gel' excuses will get rolled out..........AGAIN. 

• Upvote 1

We seem to be really struggling to get deals done though I do accept it's a very unique transfer window.

Hopefully a big few days ahead this week.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

1 hour ago, dorset lion said:

Getting linked with Joshua King now, another low scoring striker nearing the age of 30.

What the hell are we playing at ?

Either it is lazy journalism, or maybe AVFC is copying Russian tactics ...

Mazkarovka - deception policies ...

... to put the journalists off the scent.

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

2 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

Either it is lazy journalism, or maybe AVFC is copying Russian tactics ...

Mazkarovka - deception policies ...

... to put the journalists off the scent.

I'd imagine that selling clubs and agents tip the press off in the hope of a bidding war, can't see how it could benefit a buying club.

Latest update is the Watkins deal is nearly done, of the players linked he seems the best option so far. So 🤞

I am a big fan of Watkins. Obviously the verdict will be out to see if he can make the Premier League step up but his work rate and pace will help us massively up top.

Seen a few talk about the £28M fee also. If you compare it to the £29M Leeds have paid for a 29 year old striker who scored 1 goal in La Liga last year, £35M for a young lad Wolves signed who scored one goal in Portugal last year and the £20M (Plus very high wages) Newcastle have paid for Callum Wilson, it just seems to be the going rate for a forward player at present.

I think the deal for the Arsenal goalkeeper will happen also. I am unclear where this will leave Tom Heaton though.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

2 hours ago, dorset lion said:

I'd imagine that selling clubs and agents tip the press off in the hope of a bidding war, can't see how it could benefit a buying club.

Latest update is the Watkins deal is nearly done, of the players linked he seems the best option so far. So 🤞

Interesting background information below on Ollie Watkins, Dorset, 'psychological repositioning'.
This was at Exeter City, where he started his career before moving to Brentford ... and now hopefully to AVFC.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/12038340/ollie-watkins-psychological-repositioning-under-paul-tisdale

AVFC RFC SAFC