FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

I fully expect rumours to pick up this week with teams returning to training...

I think a lot that has been in the press up to now has been guess work.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely, we seem to be 'penny pinching' unfortunately as the transfer window nears it's end prices will only go up not down. If we have identified a player we need to pay the price and get it

Benrahma?, I'd like to see him sign but think Brentford need to lower their expectations regarding the fee.  I'd prefer Harry Wilson as the additional attacker.  But definitely need to add some better

The past 24 hours I've seen us connected to Ramsdale and Obafemi.

I hope both are just lazy journalism.

Holidays over, training resuming and the new season 4 weeks away. Things should start happening now.

7 hours ago, dorset lion said:

The past 24 hours I've seen us connected to Ramsdale and Obafemi.

I hope both are just lazy journalism.

Holidays over, training resuming and the new season 4 weeks away. Things should start happening now.

Matt Maher has said we are not looking at a goalkeeper despite what other reports have suggested.

John Percey has also ruled out a return to Man City for Luiz which is good news.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

16 hours ago, avstu said:

Matt Maher has said we are not looking at a goalkeeper despite what other reports have suggested.

John Percey has also ruled out a return to Man City for Luiz which is good news.

Matt Maher, he's the bloke at the Express and Star isn't he ? Hopefully his source is correct. I don't know what the situation is with Heaton or Steer but using so much of the budget on a keeper at the moment to me would not address our real problems.

Never heard of John Percey but Luiz staying is good news.

18 hours ago, lukedaw said:

Still think we need another centre midfielder.

If we get some decent wide players then Jack can move in the middle. Him, McGinn and Douglas with Connor and nakamba is plenty for our midfield.

We have a young and improving squad, from here on in it has to be about adding at least a couple of players each summer who improve our first eleven.

The biggest weakness by a mile is the lack of a decent striker.

Aston Villa defender James Bree is set to seal a permanent exit from Villa Park to join Luton Town, as per Football Insider.

The defender is in advanced talks to re-join the Hatters after he enjoyed a loan stint at Kenilworth Road last season.

I'd forgot about this guy, believe we paid £3m for him.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger