FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I stand outside my local, pressed up against the window gazing in and silently weeping😢

today i built an outside woodworking bench, complete with a new vice, built a tomato planter, stained and varnished 2 patio tables, planted around a hundred plants and i ache like fuke, but not bad fo

On 10/3/2020 at 2:08 PM, dorset lion said:

They've just had their powers extended for a further 6 months, a small band of Tory rebels wanted an end to it and every other party wanted the restrictions to be far harsher.

So this isn't ending anytime soon.

Absolutely crazy. Positives still below 15k with the vast majority coming from those in student accommodation. I am all for protecting the venerable but it is just becoming crazy now.

They said Hundreds of thousands during the peak would have had covid. Yet now we are worried by the 15k figure which by the way has been around this figure for about 10 days now.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

16 hours ago, avstu said:

Absolutely crazy. Positives still below 15k with the vast majority coming from those in student accommodation. I am all for protecting the venerable but it is just becoming crazy now.

They said Hundreds of thousands during the peak would have had covid. Yet now we are worried by the 15k figure which by the way has been around this figure for about 10 days now.

Some of the figures in an ONS report last week made interesting reading....

Flu and Pneumonia combined kill on average 100,000 a year, that figure this year stands at 14,000.

Considering the the average age of a Covid-19 death is 82 ( slightly older than the age for average life expectancy ) could it be that this virus is killing people who would have likely died from Flu.

As for the 100s of 1000s predictions there are a lot of variables country to country but the percentage of deaths when considering population size doesn't vary enough to suggest that was ever likely.

15/10/2020 : The main concern regarding Covid-19 is the impact on the NHS caused by the rise in hospital admissions. It is the need to minimise hospital admissions that drives these social distancing and lockdown policies. Whether these policies are effective or logical in their scope is what the ongoing debates are all about.
I posted the following on FB, sharing it here.

26/09/2020 : I replied to an EMail from my sister today and share here part of what I wrote :
Regarding Covid-19 and the lockdown, I treat it as being the War that it is and the (required to wear outdoors) facemask is our modern equivalent of the gas-mask. No-one in their right mind would not have worn their gas-mask in a gas attack and what we have now is an ongoing gas attack, albeit in the form of a virus.
I have been saying since March that there will be no letup to this until an effective vaccine has been created and administered, not just nationwide, but worldwide too.

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

I say open everything up and let it be survival of the fitest,

It's not like lockdown was obeyed in the first place is it !

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

15/10/2020 : Another Wartime analogy is the Cost of combatting Covid-19 ...

In the War we did not say (around 1941) 'Oh, we have run out of money ... please Mr Hitler, can we call it quits?' !

No, we carried on using borrowing ... to be repaid in the future ... the need was immediate.

Likewise now, the Furlough Scheme was designed to enable people and businesses to keep ticking over during lockdown periods, so they would be able to restart when circumstances permitted. To degrade the Furlough Scheme through fear of future repayment costs is to undermine the very purpose of the Furlough Scheme.

It must continue as once again, the need is immediate.

AVFC RFC SAFC

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, avstu said:

Finally a hint of the end of the tunnel...

Covid vaccine: First 'milestone' vaccine offers 90% protection

Thank Fcuk for that, I’m bored already 

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

no no no b6 wrong attitude mate, ive lost my best mate with it, friends since 1963, and boy did he suffer, i wouldnt wish it on anyone, its not survival of the fittest, its survival for all, and with the news today, hopefully that maybe about to happen in a few months or less, dont get fed up, dont let it get you down, your not in a world was, its just one of those things that shows up now and again, we will beat it together. just like we did arsenal. up the villa.

On 10/15/2020 at 2:16 PM, B6! said:

I say open everything up and let it be survival of the fitest,

It's not like lockdown was obeyed in the first place is it !

Survival of the fittest eh!!,..thats the majority of Scotland fucked then,i know your game boy'o😁

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png