FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. √ó

I havent really had an issue with the shopping stuff and we havent bulk purchased.

We are doing a shop online every fortnight - instead of the usual one a week and then I go to local shops should i need anything in between.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I stand outside my local, pressed up against the window gazing in and silently weepingūüėĘ

today i built an outside woodworking bench, complete with a new vice, built a tomato planter, stained and varnished 2 patio tables, planted around a hundred plants and i ache like fuke, but not bad fo

Got loads to do but can't find much motivation am going through years and years of villa programmes and walking  to the local one stop shop for provisions twice a week  that keeps me exercised too its a 3 mile round trip am trying to keep away from the bigger supermarkets. 

Keep a distance wash your mits and stay safe folks.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Have been trying to pick the best Villa X1 that ive visibly seen but 55+years throws up far far too much competition and cant even get passed a goal keeper!!

The only player i can pick and that is captain ---the most deserving player never to be chosen by England --the great Denis Mortimer.what a leader and driving force he was !!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

On 4/16/2020 at 8:17 AM, freddy said:

Have been trying to pick the best Villa X1 that ive visibly seen but 55+years throws up far far too much competition and cant even get passed a goal keeper!!

The only player i can pick and that is captain ---the most deserving player never to be chosen by England --the great Denis Mortimer.what a leader and driving force he was !!

I've been going for 45 years, I've sat here thinking for 10 minutes and I'm giving myself a headache. I have two who start, McGrath and Sid. The headache comes because my other two "certs" played a very similar role...how the hell do you pick one from Little and Shaw ?

12 hours ago, dorset lion said:

I've been going for 45 years, I've sat here thinking for 10 minutes and I'm giving myself a headache. I have two who start, McGrath and Sid. The headache comes because my other two "certs" played a very similar role...how the hell do you pick one from Little and Shaw ?

A very very difficult choice man--both so dam good nimble full of grace and flair --wow just imagine finding a place for em both either side of Andy Gray Tony Hateley or Andy Lockhead --and being supplied by Sid and Jack yes please---the mind boggles!!!!!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

4 hours ago, freddy said:

A very very difficult choice man--both so dam good nimble full of grace and flair --wow just imagine finding a place for em both either side of Andy Gray Tony Hateley or Andy Lockhead --and being supplied by Sid and Jack yes please---the mind boggles!!!!!!

I was leaning toward Gray alongside Shaw with Little tucked in behind or more a free role, he was such a clever player.

I want to accommodate, Mortimer, Sid, Barry and Grealish as well but now I'm left with no width and only 3 outfield spaces left one of which goes to McGrath. So one of those midfield four has to be sacrificed.

I've settled on a system, 4 3 3 with the width coming from my full backs/wing backs

So far I have McGrath, Evans, Gidman, Staunton, Mortimer, Sid, Barry, Little, Gray and Shaw. I've gone for a creative but solid midfield.

Others I considered were Grealish, Swain, Wright, McNaught, Mellberg, Laursen, Merson, Withe, Dublin, Morley, Atkinson, Saunders, Cropley, Nicholl, Yorke and Platt.

I can't settle on a keeper, sentiment says Rimmer, longevity says Spink but we have had some great keepers. Maybe Burridge for entertainment value or Enkleman to give the opposition a sporting chance, they'd need it if we could make a team/squad from that lot.

1 hour ago, dorset lion said:

I was leaning toward Gray alongside Shaw with Little tucked in behind or more a free role, he was such a clever player.

I want to accommodate, Mortimer, Sid, Barry and Grealish as well but now I'm left with no width and only 3 outfield spaces left one of which goes to McGrath. So one of those midfield four has to be sacrificed.

I've settled on a system, 4 3 3 with the width coming from my full backs/wing backs

So far I have McGrath, Evans, Gidman, Staunton, Mortimer, Sid, Barry, Little, Gray and Shaw. I've gone for a creative but solid midfield.

Others I considered were Grealish, Swain, Wright, McNaught, Mellberg, Laursen, Merson, Withe, Dublin, Morley, Atkinson, Saunders, Cropley, Nicholl, Yorke and Platt.

I can't settle on a keeper, sentiment says Rimmer, longevity says Spink but we have had some great keepers. Maybe Burridge for entertainment value or Enkleman to give the opposition a sporting chance, they'd need it if we could make a team/squad from that lot.

Some great players there man and we agree on a few for selection___ive gone with::

Spink            Gidman McGrath Evans Aitken Barry Mortimer Cowans Shaw Gray Little.

undecided about keeper Bosnich Spink Withers Rimmer all were good in the end gone with Spink.

Gee id love to see those. Chosen men together gracing Villa Park that is sure mouthwatering

And what about a bench??

Bosnich Mellberg Cropley Grealish Morley Laursen Withe.  And there are oh so so many knocking at the door

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Managed to get some paint delivered within four hours yesterday so began decorating the house today.

I am somehow still keeping busy although I do feel in the back of my mind the need to get back to normality.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

if you own a house and have a garden you can always have plenty to do, i build garden furniture , and right now ive never had so much furniture in the garden , will break a lot of it up later so that i can use the wood again, getting real short of it now, as i cannot get out to find palettes to break down for the wood, but it all keeps me busy,