FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

COVID-19

With football currently on hold (and rightly so) what do you think the FA should do with the remainder of the season?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stay safe and keep your distance everyone-------hope we all get through this dam awful period safely and can have a wopping big get together when the great game resumes once more----

17/03/2020 : This coronavirus lockdown will probably continue beyond the scheduled end of the 2019-2020 Season. It will probably impact the 2020-2021 Season too. The lockdown should logically continue until a vaccine is created and (like the flu jab) has been administered nationwide (and world wide).

If we assume a vaccine has become available and administered by the end of this calendar year (2020), then to me the logic for football would be to scrap the 2020-2021 Season and play out the remainder of this Season, 2019-2020, from early 2021 instead. This to cover all domestic League and Cup and all European Club competitions, but not international matches.

Season 2020-2021 would become a lost Season, joining the other Seasons lost to World Wars I and II, but the current Season would be completed properly and fairly, albeit a year late.

AVFC RFC SAFC

1 hour ago, Larry-AV said:

17/03/2020 : This coronavirus lockdown will probably continue beyond the scheduled end of the 2019-2020 Season. It will probably impact the 2020-2021 Season too. The lockdown should logically continue until a vaccine is created and (like the flu jab) has been administered nationwide (and world wide).

If we assume a vaccine has become available and administered by the end of this calendar year (2020), then to me the logic for football would be to scrap the 2020-2021 Season and play out the remainder of this Season, 2019-2020, from early 2021 instead. This to cover all domestic League and Cup and all European Club competitions, but not international matches.

Season 2020-2021 would become a lost Season, joining the other Seasons lost to World Wars I and II, but the current Season would be completed properly and fairly, albeit a year late.

Makes a lot of sense but money is the driving force that drives football, not sense or fairness and with TV contracts to be honoured as well as players contracts ending in June somebody somewhere is going to lose out.

You could defer contracts so that if Sky paid for 5 seasons that is what they get albeit spread over 6 years and the same with players but that would bankrupt a lot of clubs.

Its a pain in the arse this corona shite,its just the flu wi a fancy name,i personally think its a goverment man made virus,probaly to do with a global recession,vaccines or this 5g they are bringing into the world,as for the football just play the remainder of the games behind closed doors,il be glad when all this drama is by with watching humans act like savages.

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

for once i agree with you dimitri, it is a load of shite but we still have to take precautions, i and my partner have been in self isolation for over a week now, its ok for me as i have so much to do, what with my workshop and a large garden to care for, as for the man made, i agree with you on that one, both us and the usa think they have a vaccine for it but so far it has only been tried out on mice, so it will take a few months for it to be ready for humans.  thats if it does work, as for playing all the game behind closed doors, im not so sure of that either, players may not want to play maybe some would like to self isolate , some have family's and care for them as we do, their thoughts and feeling have to be taken into consideration to, i think its going to be a very long and hard year, maybe even 2 years.

reckon the great game is over for a while---

cannot believe how some folk are behaving as Dimitri says --humans acting like savages---!! greedy and dont give a f*** about society in general---we have been assured there is enough of everything to go around --provided panic/bulk buying stops--

was in Tesco,s in Skegness at 11.30 Thursday----NO carzee roll, tissues bleach, hand gels hand sanitizers,lemonade, crates of beer /lager,mushrooms, bread,dog food!! tins of beans tins or spaghett,!!!

gee there are some greedy selfish c**** inhabiting this planet,!!! 

slow down and think of others F.F.S.~~~~~~~

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

I think they'll play out the end of this season whenever feasible, if that means playing the remaining fixtures and jumping straight into the following season with little or no break, then so be it. Money talks. 

I'm against scrapping the season BUT if things continue for too long there's no other option. Ending the season with current standings just isn't right on any team and I can't see a vote being passed for it

mzjj.jpg

I do not usually post on everyday matters but I make this exception.

20/03/2020 : The Vernal Equinox (a day earlier than usual). I had run out of bread and milk today and went to ASDA after lunchtime to replenish the rations. Many empty shelves but I was able to get my bread and milk, albeit Celtic milk instead of Aberdeen milk ... changing tastes has seen me go from Rangers to Celtic and recently to Aberdeen, but there was none of the latter available today, so I had to make do with semi-skimmed.

On the veg front there was no broccoli or green beans and the only spuds available were giant packets of 'British Red'. I therefore made do with a packet of carrots, cauliflower and broccoli and a tin of new potatoes. At the butchers I got my usual rations with no problems and after that went to the pub.

In the pub I had a brief chinwag with a mate who was there and advised him that in these days of no handshakes, we should all adopt Scott Arfield's example and salute each other instead ... I demonstrated the salute so he knows what to do when we next meet ... whenever that may be, for I had my last pint today for who knows how long, after the news today closing pubs and restuarants.

We had better get used to the term 'for the duration' ... familiar from history, it is now reality again.

AVFC RFC SAFC