FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. √ó

On 3/2/2020 at 12:55 PM, Ron Launchbury said:

Defence issues

ūüėí¬†I watch and wonder why we dont tighten up the opposition wingers. We give them far too much room and time to cross the ball into our six yard danger area. Our left and right back guys should be hot on their heels and prevent them from having time on the ball. This issue is the same every game ,which is why we are conceding too many goals. I can see it ,why cant our coaching staff see it and address this big issue before it's too late. I do hope the coaching staff read these comments. This is my very first post on this forum.

May I say, a very apt post too Ron.

when I was a kid playing full back for the school team, (we won the league for the first time in 35 years) my master used to say to me, before a game....." don't get doing anything fancy, all I want you to do, is stop their winger from crossing the ball" I said is that all, He said just do that and I will be pleased.....I did, and he was.

The amount of crosses I see coming in at Villa Park, is criminal.

Many aspects of our defensive capability is woeful....and I am talking whole team here, not just the back line, albeit they are poor positionally too.

If we go down....this will be the area, we have failed in.

On 3/2/2020 at 4:06 PM, freddy said:

Hi Ron, and welcome aboard,

what you say is bang on, we commented only yesterday how much time Foden had time and time again during both halves, he was initially the cause of both goals and apparently was awarded  MOM,,yes it happens every dam game--but who is to blame?? players?coaches?  both??----but one thing for sure it needs addressing!!

Spot on.

On 3/5/2020 at 7:46 PM, Rocky said:

May I say, a very apt post too Ron.

when I was a kid playing full back for the school team, (we won the league for the first time in 35 years) my master used to say to me, before a game....." don't get doing anything fancy, all I want you to do, is stop their winger from crossing the ball" I said is that all, He said just do that and I will be pleased.....I did, and he was.

The amount of crosses I see coming in at Villa Park, is criminal.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Woeful again last night. Didn't turn up ,yet again. Defence looks very shaky. Set pieces, especially corners,woeful. I honestly thought with Terry on board, we would be rock solid. Wrong. I know Smith is a Villa fan but this system in all areas isn't working. Time to go  I think. Didn't want to say this  but being realistic on what I've been watching. 

Nothing came of of it but  at corners---------------

Elmo marking Evans who scored a cracker at Villa Park ???? same as Guilbert marking very loosely the goal scorer at Wembley?whose dam brainchild is this???

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

43 minutes ago, freddy said:

Nothing came of of it but  at corners

Elmo marking Evans who scored a cracker at Villa Park ???? same as Guilbert marking very loosely the goal scorer at Wembley?whose dam brainchild is this???

This was criminal and how they failed to punish us for it I don't know, though Leicester were very poor themselves despite the scoreline. A struggling team like ours should never be using zonal marking, it seems a lose system based of it anyway as how could this pair up happen. A well drilled team who know what they're doing then perhaps zonal can work but not here, it's crazy.

We should have gone back to basics a long time ago but our failure to adapt has cost us. Comparing us to everyone else around us I really can't see anything other then another embarrassing last place finish. 

• Like 1

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

1 hour ago, Dublin Villain said:

This was criminal and how they failed to punish us for it I don't know, though Leicester were very poor themselves despite the scoreline. A struggling team like ours should never be using zonal marking, it seems a lose system based of it anyway as how could this pair up happen. A well drilled team who know what they're doing then perhaps zonal can work but not here, it's crazy.

We should have gone back to basics a long time ago but our failure to adapt has cost us. Comparing us to everyone else around us I really can't see anything other then another embarrassing last place finish. 

Should never have let Chester go-(nor Green nor O,Hare)------Hause or Engels or Konsa ---yes most certainly,

and why oh why did we bring Reina in??

hate to say it but i agree bottom place has our name on it---all around are putting up a fight --but not meek Aston Villa we are just meandering down without a whimper---

a non Villa mate just asked " has Jack given up--looking at all the crap around him?"----and i just could,nt reply!!!! 

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

5 hours ago, Ron Launchbury said:

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Woeful again last night. Didn't turn up ,yet again. Defence looks very shaky. Set pieces, especially corners,woeful. I honestly thought with Terry on board, we would be rock solid. Wrong. I know Smith is a Villa fan but this system in all areas isn't working. Time to go  I think. Didn't want to say this  but being realistic on what I've been watching. 

I don't know how we CAN preside over this.....something is clearly wrong, its the same every game.

The full backs are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard c 20 mill for that pair.....we have some job on.

I think the club should be trying to preserve confidence for the championship and make the decsisons now, because we as sure as hell ain't getting out of this.

3 hours ago, Dublin Villain said:

Its funny, because, I too thought Leicester was far from special....they just have some pacy players that we can never cope with.

I have been here before like many fans have and I see the signs.....the failure to address things months ago, has landed us here and too much is wrong now, McGinn will not reverse this its a collective shambles.

We were never set up right for this league, in terms of personnel and approach.....and its all come home to roost.....We are toast.

ps I would suspect that performance last night has given every team in the bottom 6, heart.....its beyond belief, he is still there.