Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Points Required

^^^^^^^  A good summing up of our self-inflicted errors that have been oh so costly upon our return to the promised land!!

can i ask- where is Jota????

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

On 2/24/2020 at 7:11 PM, freddy said:

^^^^^^^  A good summing up of our self-inflicted errors that have been oh so costly upon our return to the promised land!!

can i ask- where is Jota????

Falkland Islands, is that far enough?😁

On 2/24/2020 at 6:42 PM, Anty said:

As much as it seems i dont feel confident in getting any points.   No matter what team is put out, the same individual mistakes happen.

Grealish beginning of the season trying to play it from the back (Spurs game)

Mings getting injured and trying to continue on (Leicester Game)

Taylor often beaten by the opposition headers

Luiz playing or doing fancy balls in front of our defence (Bournmouth)

Nakamba cant even pass and passing straight back to opposiition again in front of our CBS 

El Ghazi trying to play balls back into our CM but our CMs are nowhere to be seen and opposition intercepts

Hause often out of position and trying to play the ball out but gets closed down easily by opposition

Konza guilty of playing passes straight back to opposition in front of the penalty box (Watford)

Guilbert easily beaten on many occasions as he is so out of position 

Trezquet has no finish on him and is a one trick pony

Target too slow to track back so wingers are beaten him too easily for crosses

Reina his kicks are slow and will get caught out (Southampton)

Hourihane disappears in many games 

Wesley cant head the ball or run with the ball.  Often falls over and complains

McGinn was playing with an injury which caused his below par performances

Jota  too slow and cant track back and beaten too easily

I think we can easily spot the trend here.  Too many mistakes in our sloppy passing and positioning.  We tried different formations and personnel but the same mistakes keep happening.  It must be the coach asking them to play in this way because its happening every match.

When you have that many issues, its easy for them to suffocate you.....In reality, only a few real issues can be worked on at any given time and have to be incrementally quashed....we have let too many fester, unfixed.

There is too many there.....This is a case of the stitch has not been dealt with in time, now we have got nine. or in this case 16.

For me we are gradually and consistently getting worse, unabatted.

I have seen this scenario before, and it doesn't end well.

Ps.......We at least need a seige mentality in the remaining games.....but I don't think we have it in us.

We could have Norwich City crawling back up our "anus" if they hold on against Leicester.

TBH I'd take a play off against West Ham on the last day to stay up. 17th on Goal difference will do.

I'm hoping 36\37 will be good enough. I don't see us gaining 15 points in 11 games give how our season has panned out.

" I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. " Winston Churchill.

Apart from Liverpool and Leicester none of our remaining games are against a team with a better than 50% win rate.

It is a league full of inconsistent teams, we may be poor but 3 so far are even worse and most not much better. There are points to be won as Norwich proved last night.

Westham winning and bournemouth 

Not good signs, hoping the way Norwichs win against Leicester can encourage us to win our game in hand over the rest.  It going to be tight.

After today’s results we are right in the shite!

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Norwich won  Watford spanked Liverpool 3-0  Wet Spam won--!!!! Chelski equalised thankfully at B,mouth, Palace beat Brighton----

so now we sit 2nd bottom---- its simples our fate lies in our own hands!!---do the Boyz want survival?

whatever happens at Wemberlee we must get on track beginning with Leicester --and then Chelski------and so on and so on---whats needed is a 10 game unbeaten run similar to last season-----------but can they do it???

One thing is definate Captain Jack cannot do it on his own----the rest must rally round the flag and sweat blood for the Claret and Blue------------

VTID

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

29/02/2020 : I post this after each of our EPL games. We cannot do anything about the other results this weekend, which have seen AVFC drop to 19th, as we all well know. It is up to our own to get us out of this predicament.

After this result AVFC's total Form Points fell from 37 to 35 ... that is, points after 38 games.
The maximum available is now 58 points, with 33 points left to play for.
AVFC are below par and 19th in the table, with 25 points and GD at -18 from 27 games.

AVFC RFC SAFC