Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Points Required

Points Required

I was just wondering what people thought of Villa's chances of survival? How many points do you think we require to stay in the league and where do they come from?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

When I look at the remaining fixtures I can’t see us picking up many more points.

Back to the championship in my opinion.

Our top players will need to be sold to cover FFP as well.

Oh well, UTV !

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Twelve points may well be enough and I think we are capable of getting them.

That doesn't mean I'm confident because we keep gifting the opposition goals but with Norwich almost gone there are 5 of us all equally shite trying to avoid 2 places.

Not a positive place at the moment.

Problem is, as I was saying to a Wolves fan today, we have a performance in us but we don't tend to turn it on when we really need it, I.E Southampton the weekend.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I,d say 15 -but got no idea where they are coming from-a stronger and fitter midfield is needed and we really  need to stop gifting chances and goals to the opposition in the premiership its dam fatal.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

I'd definitely say 5 wins minimum, but like freddy said - where from? 

mzjj.jpg

I would say 4 wins and 3 draws will suffice.....it would not surprise me if goal difference plays a part too.I don't know where the points will come  from either.

We are simply too easy to beat....I can't put it any other way....what we have done with the midfield is criminal, bringing in players not much better than we already had and the same types to boot.

I think our goals against column, will seal our fate....and feel it should have been addressed months ago....as opposed to ambling along in our own sweet way.Our approach and set up will be our ultimate undoing....its just naive football with the quality of player,we have.

I get the feeling listening to Dean Smiths after match interviews, that he is partially resigned to the fact....its the air of inevitability thats so vexing.He has tried to play championship football in the prem.

I think hope is the only thing we have left.

PS it was interesting to see how a team like West Ham at least had the ability to keep the score down at the Etihad.

just looking at fixtures----after yesterdays display i just cant see where the next win will be----let alone the 5 at least that are sure needed!!!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

As much as it seems i dont feel confident in getting any points.   No matter what team is put out, the same individual mistakes happen.

Grealish beginning of the season trying to play it from the back (Spurs game)

Mings getting injured and trying to continue on (Leicester Game)

Taylor often beaten by the opposition headers

Luiz playing or doing fancy balls in front of our defence (Bournmouth)

Nakamba cant even pass and passing straight back to opposiition again in front of our CBS 

El Ghazi trying to play balls back into our CM but our CMs are nowhere to be seen and opposition intercepts

Hause often out of position and trying to play the ball out but gets closed down easily by opposition

Konza guilty of playing passes straight back to opposition in front of the penalty box (Watford)

Guilbert easily beaten on many occasions as he is so out of position 

Trezquet has no finish on him and is a one trick pony

Target too slow to track back so wingers are beaten him too easily for crosses

Reina his kicks are slow and will get caught out (Southampton)

Hourihane disappears in many games 

Wesley cant head the ball or run with the ball.  Often falls over and complains

McGinn was playing with an injury which caused his below par performances

Jota  too slow and cant track back and beaten too easily

I think we can easily spot the trend here.  Too many mistakes in our sloppy passing and positioning.  We tried different formations and personnel but the same mistakes keep happening.  It must be the coach asking them to play in this way because its happening every match.