Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Aston Villa 2-3 Tottenham

22 hours ago, avstu said:

Brilliant post and one I full agree with.

I called for the 5-3-2 system as I thought it would help prevent the goals but it hasn't. I am actually thinking a lot of the problems stem around the midfield area. It leaves the defence so exposed so much.

The worrying thing is the amount of money we spent on the defence last summer and the amount of goals we have conceeded.

We need many things, we need a coach who is fully aware of the problem and more importantly wants/Knows how to fix it......He thinks we can score our way out, I don't think we can....we have the personnel we have so we can't do anything about that now.....but going into this league, we should have signed an imposing dominating CDM...I think that was a major mistake by all concerned.

I think we have 4 or 5 midfielders in the squad, who are unable to stop opposing players....that is very questionable as to the prudency of that situation.....We have players who lose their man so easily and leave alarming gaps for team to play in....Does Dean think that is just going to go away on its own , its been inevidence all season.

I understand, Deans Mantra, but unless you can win ugly in this league 1-0 teams are unlikely to survive and get to the position of being able to  buy the better quality.

Chris Wilder has undoubtedly gone about the job in the right way, similar to what Ron Sunders would have done in similar circumstances....Dean in contrast has gon gungho and tried to our gun teams, without Jack it would have been complete folly, we would be down now.

I worry how Dean thinks this is going to play out....he is starting to remind me of Paul Lambert....such an air of inevitability in the reasoning.

w,,,A

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

We need many things, we need a coach who is fully aware of the problem and more importantly wants/Knows how to fix it......He thinks we can score our way out, I don't think we can....we have the personnel we have so we can't do anything about that now.....but going into this league, we should have signed an imposing dominating CDM...I think that was a major mistake by all concerned.

I think we have 4 or 5 midfielders in the squad, who are unable to stop opposing players....that is very questionable as to the prudency of that situation.....We have players who lose their man so easily and leave alarming gaps for team to play in....Does Dean think that is just going to go away on its own , its been inevidence all season.

I understand, Deans Mantra, but unless you can win ugly in this league 1-0 teams are unlikely to survive and get to the position of being able to  buy the better quality.

Chris Wilder has undoubtedly gone about the job in the right way, similar to what Ron Sunders would have done in similar circumstances....Dean in contrast has gon gungho and tried to our gun teams, without Jack it would have been complete folly, we would be down now.

I worry how Dean thinks this is going to play out....he is starting to remind me of Paul Lambert....such an air of inevitability in the reasoning.

Good post, especially the point about Chris Wilder just look at the physicality in Sheffield,s midfield -case in point about ours not stopping opponents is Drinkwater how many times does he end up forlornly chasing back? It's not just him though Conor  and Lansbury are the same!

The championship is so so much different to the promised land of the premiership and what's acceptable in the former just simply aint good enough for the premiership --the summer recruitment policy was wrong ,whosever responsibility it was,dominating physical midfielders should have been tracked down and favourably with premiership experience.

I really reckon that without Jack we would now be lying beneath Norwich.

• Like 1

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png