Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
markymark

Keinan Davis

Keinan Davis

Aston Villa striker Keinan Davis has been pulled off injured just 25 minutes in tonight's under-23s game against West Bromwich Albion.

The forward played the final half-hour at Bournemouth on Saturday on his second game since returning from injury after a three-month layoff.

Dean Smith wanted to get minutes into the 21-year-old with Villa's first-team squad jetting off abroad for their winter break.

This guy is our version of Darren Anderton. 

Just hope it's nothing serious. 

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Blimey --good job there,s no game next weekend.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

I was screaming at the TV when Smith took off Samatta and brought Davis on...PLAY THEM BOTH !

Playing one up front is fine if you have the right players, but we don't.

I suspect our defensive record wouldn't be half as bad if we weren't always under pressure.

4 hours ago, dorset lion said:

I was screaming at the TV when Smith took off Samatta and brought Davis on...PLAY THEM BOTH !

Playing one up front is fine if you have the right players, but we don't.

I suspect our defensive record wouldn't be half as bad if we weren't always under pressure.

Joe Boy and me thought the same---we were chasing the game and well able to cause their defence problems even  more so with 2 forwards pressing!!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

18 hours ago, freddy said:

Joe Boy and me thought the same---we were chasing the game and well able to cause their defence problems even  more so with 2 forwards pressing!!!

We have tinkered with the system and line up, none of it has worked and it is now clear that players gelling or acclimatising to this league isn't the issue.

There is no way Smith hasn't considered two up top, it is the one thing he hasn't tried. I just hope he has the balls to give it a go because we are going down if he doesn't do something different.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 7:39 PM, dorset lion said:

We have tinkered with the system and line up, none of it has worked and it is now clear that players gelling or acclimatising to this league isn't the issue.

There is no way Smith hasn't considered two up top, it is the one thing he hasn't tried. I just hope he has the balls to give it a go because we are going down if he doesn't do something different.

I agree with the 2 up top, but he is obsessed with wingers.....we are already light in midfield, so I think, he thinks, we can't sacrifice a midfielder for a forward.

However, I agree with you 2 up top..... 2 wingers is too many in our predicament..... 1 would suffice, with licence to roam and change flanks, like Morley did.

21 hours ago, Rocky said:

I agree with the 2 up top, but he is obsessed with wingers.....we are already light in midfield, so I think, he thinks, we can't sacrifice a midfielder for a forward.

However, I agree with you 2 up top..... 2 wingers is too many in our predicament..... 1 would suffice, with licence to roam and change flanks, like Morley did.

I wouldn't be starting with any of our wingers, I'd give that licence to roam to Grealish.

• Like 1

weve got a winger a local lad who scores goals too out on loan----Andre Green at Charlton----  get him back and bang him in!!!!

Jack should have free licence and pick the rest around him----before its too late!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

7 minutes ago, freddy said:

weve got a winger a local lad who scores goals too out on loan----Andre Green at Charlton----  get him back and bang him in!!!!

Jack should have free licence and pick the rest around him----before its too late!!

Don’t be daft Freddie, that would make too much sense market.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

I note that given a run of games Scott Hogan is slamming them in for Brum, why didn't we recall him rather than sign BASTON?, I will never understand that signing.

Sums up how woeful DS truly is.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger