Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

LC: Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City (1-1) Agg 3-2

I like this new never say die attitude!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

League Cup Round 6 (Semi-Final 2nd leg), Tuesday 28/01/2020 :

Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City (1-1) (Agg 3-2)

The desired (and maybe unexpected) result.
Well done to the lads for overcoming our opponents (and the doubters amongst our friends too !) and reaching the League Cup Final.
The Final on March 1st will provide the opportunity to augment AVFC's proud record in the League Cup and overall too.

Attendance : 39,300 (SSN)

AVFC RFC SAFC

Well done Villa----  

was good to have a centre forward on the pitch we looked much more balanced-- --good timely substitutions by Deano-

-hope the never say die attitude continues and we can now get some league points--

back to what seems to be our second home--   3 seasons running!!!- Wemberleeeee

VTID

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Such an amazing night for the Villa faithful! done it again. We're off back to wembley... just a shame we're likely not to beat Man City. But should be a good day for the supporters.

Hands up who was on the pitch? 

Becoming a second home Wembley isn't it?! 

mzjj.jpg

Well done Villa.

Am I the only one thinking we are starting to look like a team, are all those new players finally getting used to this league and each other ?

I went to the pub last night as much to watch Samatta as the game because I am still more concerned about 3 points down here on Saturday but the obnoxious Leicester fan sat 10 feet away made that victory sweet and my celebration loud.

You can't judge a player on one game but Samatta made a complete pigs ear of two great chances.

Great to see Davis fit, him staying fit could make a real difference.

UTV

Brilliant night!

Like Dorset says early days to judge Samatta. Looked a bit nervous which is understandable, a goal early in his Villa career could really set him off you feel.

I thought Davis was really excellent when he came in, serious player in there though you worry about him staying fit. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

That was a real toughie....a 2 leg affair against a 3rd placed team.

took some doing that.

ps Davis was really encouraging......samatta, too early, for him, just needs match fitness.

2 minutes ago, Rocky said:

That was a real toughie....a 2 leg affair against a 3rd placed team.

took some doing that.

ps Davis was really encouraging......samatta, too early, for him, just needs match fitness.

Such a shame he didn’t get on the end of that ball. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dublin Villain said:

Brilliant night!

Like Dorset says early days to judge Samatta. Looked a bit nervous which is understandable, a goal early in his Villa career could really set him off you feel.

I thought Davis was really excellent when he came in, serious player in there though you worry about him staying fit. 

Samatta impressed me. On another day he would have scored a goal but he caused problems for Jonny Evans who is regarded as one of the best defenders in the league.

I can't believe we are at Wembley and although im not confident, we have nothing to lose and everything is possible in a Cup final.

• Upvote 1

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant