Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

ASTON VILLA 1-6 Manchester City

Aston Villa vs Manchester City

Pre & Post match discussion, live chat and analysis.

Aston Villa

2019/20 Premier League - Matchday 22
Sunday, 12th January 2020
Villa Park
16:30 Kick-Off (UK time)

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Anything less than 0-4 and I will be happy.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Anything other than a right kicking will be good.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

EPL (Premier League), Sunday 12/01/2020 : Aston Villa v Manchester City, KO 16:30 hours, SKY.

10/01/2020 : Dean Smith has said AVFC may play without a centre-forward on Sunday, not that we have anyone matchfit for that role anyway. Maybe DS will try a 3-5-2 formation, we shall see. In any event, I am backing our team to win and offer my default prediction, hoping for 10 Prediction League points for me and 3 points for AVFC on Sunday. Q5dhogE.jpg

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Aston Villa 2-1 Manchester City

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

13 hours ago, markymark said:

Anything other than a right kicking will be good.

Agreed. Will be a real test for this new 5-3-2 system also.

I am a strong believer that if you dont give Man City time on the ball (press high) they can be found out. They love a slow, patient approach but I don't feel we have the players to press correctly as a unit.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

home match day at last----lets get behind the Boyz in Claret and Blue,---and lift the roof off  Villa Park,

no recognised striker--so i,m expecting a similar set up to the Leicester game,

Come On You Lions----Citeh are certainly beatable---chase hastle close em down----and dont be afraid to shoot,

VTID 

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Pathetic performance. Our midfield and wing backs are absolutely shocking. Is this the best we could buy? Luiz too casual on the ball. Drinkwater looking like he hasn't played in 2 years. El Ghazi lazy as per. So much space between the defence and midfield. How do we not do the basic sh*t properly? 

mzjj.jpg

1 hour ago, JustRich said:

Pathetic performance. Our midfield and wing backs are absolutely shocking. Is this the best we could buy? Luiz too casual on the ball. Drinkwater looking like he hasn't played in 2 years. El Ghazi lazy as per. So much space between the defence and midfield. How do we not do the basic sh*t properly? 

In fairness to Drinkwater he hasn't played for two years, if he couldn't get in Burnleys team to me that says everything.  Should take Grealish off protect him from a possible injury.

Got to step up our pursuit of Glen Murray.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Give us a break .... Glen Murray isn't the answer ...... we need to think bigger and longer term than that. What about Odsonne Edouard from Celtic. I believe he would be available for £30 - £35M.