Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

LC: Leicester 1-1 ASTON VILLA

LC: Leicester v ASTON VILLA

Leicester City vs Aston Villa

Pre & Post match discussion, live chat and analysis.

Heaton-2-665x420.jpg

2019/20 League Cup Semi Final - Leg 1
Wednesday, 8th January 2020
King Power Stadium
20:00 Kick-Off (UK time)

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Posted (edited)

League Cup Round 6 (Semi-Final 1st leg), Wednesday 08/01/2020 :

Leicester City v Aston Villa, KO 20:00 hours, SKY.

07/01/2020 : Although AVFC's prospects seem as gloomy as the overcast weather today, I will not predict against our team, but go for a draw, even if it loses me Prediction League points. Fortunately, no EPL points are at stake in this match !

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Leicester City 2-2 Aston Villa

Edited by Larry-AV
Formatting.

AVFC RFC SAFC

New formation----AEL Trez up front with Jack on free licence?----No Kodjia no Hogan in the 18-----Indiana on bench,

Come ON YOU LIONS-----

VTID--------- 343 5212 ??

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

4 minutes ago, freddy said:

New formation----AEL Trez up front with Jack on free licence?----No Kodjia no Hogan in the 18-----Indiana on bench,

Come ON YOU LIONS-----

VTID--------- 343 5212 ??

Hogan will be cup tied mate.

I have a feeling that signals the end for Kodjia and rightly so after the weekend performance.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Brilliant 45 minutes. Maybe should be 2-0.

Mings was fantastic for me. For 45 minutes he cut out his stupidness and played simple no nonsense - as he should do.

Trezeguet is my one frustration. He is so predictable. A defenders dream.

Mellberg_Signature.png

8 minutes ago, avstu said:

Brilliant 45 minutes. Maybe should be 2-0.

Mings was fantastic for me. For 45 minutes he cut out his stupidness and played simple no nonsense - as he should do.

Trezeguet is my one frustration. He is so predictable. A defenders dream.

Fully agree Mings has been controlling and no nonsense----Trezeguet so predictable---the other worry i had was Kourtneys passing at times,

still a good first half-------keep it up you Villa Boyzzz

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Ffs! What a cock up that was. Totally school boy

League Cup Round 6 (Semi-Final 1st leg), Wednesday 08/01/2020 : Leicester City 1-1 Aston Villa

An unexpected result and well done to AVFC for setting the stage well for the 2nd leg on January 28th.
Even so, tonight's result is one of those draws that feels like a defeat, as Leicester's equaliser to Guilbert's opener was gifted to them !

Attendance : 31,280 (SSN)

AVFC RFC SAFC

that was a dam shame  masters of our own downfall---a very sloppy free kick and Luiz  asleep---

Nyland made a couple of great stops--and Tyrone brilliant and back to his best---

all to play for now in the 2nd leg,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Brilliant performance tonight, Mings was outstanding no messing tonight just no nonsense defending and organised the defence very well.

What a dreadful error from Luiz and such a preventable goal, it could have just as easily been Nakamba costing with one of his meltdowns on the ball.

Drinkwater and Hourihane over the pair of them is a must for me as unfortunately both Luiz and Nakamba are making the same mistakes over and over again.

Lots to play for in the second leg and can take lots of confidence into the City game.

Smith deserves credit to for the change in system which seems to really suit Mings and we looked much more solid and organised.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."