FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

General Transfer Talk

avstu

So who are we going to get in to replace barry as its looks more and more likely were going to miss out on C/L and our barry bargening chip.

any suggestions?

Or do we make Sidwell or Reo the heart of our midfield

Me personally id like to see and all out attacking midfielder or play maker......Kranjcar :P

what ever happens i think barrys depeature if it does happen will rock our team and MON will have to do some Sorting!

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only way i could see Milner doing barrys job in the middle is if ashley went out on the right and downing was brought in to play on the left.

I also think that Milner is the best crosser of the ball we have so putting him in the middle would take away that gret aspect of his game.

I'd personally be looking at Man Citys moves as they have quite a few good midfielders and i can't see them going the whole summer without buying more which could leave them looking to sell to lower wages when they bring in bigger players and in turn give us a chance to pick up a bargin.

Rocksteady FC

GT: BigZombieMonkey

I dont think realistically you can put a price on players since I could say a player is worth 7 mill and the week later he could go for 15 or even 2 mill....

so what I would say is MON needs to find almost an entire new defence.

I'd say the main thing he needs is a commanding defender, someone who will command the defence well and can handle players like Drogba, Adebayor etc... that personally would be my priority.

I'd also say obviously if Barry goes he needs replacing and if I were going to replace him I'd look for an area to area midfielder since they change games. A midfielder who has great stamina and will play end to end for 90 mins making challeneges and getting involved in build up play.

I think these two alone would take up 30 mill of the budget which would leave 20 mill for some talented youngsters to play in the weaker positions and to compete with the players we already have making competition for positions a little more competative.

Rocksteady FC

Micheal Bastos ---- £8mill can play lw, lm, lwb, rw, rm, and awesome at free kicks

Mario Gomez ------ £10mill ST been doing well in germany

Micheal Johnson -- £2.5mill

Daniel Sturridge -- £2.5mill

Defour ---------------£12mill

Abou Diaby ---------£5mill looked awesome against us scoring that cracking goal has alot of potential

Gareth Bale ---------£5mill

Fernando Navarro -£6mill Done well for sevilla this season

ok its £51mill but we could be getting £10mill for barry and hopefully heskey will go as well as harewood

I think you are being VERY optimistic about these prices. Gomez is considered to be a world class striker and could easily fetch 20mill, Abou Diaby plays for our key rivals and is again another big name so 5 mill is not a chance in hell when Heskey cost 4 mill.

Michel Bastos is very unique in that he can play in so many different positions which would increase value, the only way i think we could get him is by using the lure of Premiership football but again I think with inflated transfer prices and knowing that Villa have money i think Lille would want around 10-15 mill for him.

Daniel Sturridge I could see coming to us but 2.5 mill is pretty low to sell even for Man City who will no doubt be bringing in bigger talents. Nicky Maynard of bristol City who has only scored 11 goals in the championship went for 2.5 mill so I'd say Sturridge is going to cost atleast 4-6 mill.

As for Fernando Navarro you're talking about a Spanish international who is very talented. 6 mill would be a steal and I think left backs are hard to replace so he's more likely to cost us 10 mill especially when Sevilla would just look at Wayne Bridge and say if Wayne Bridge can go for that much then the minimum value of Navarro is atleast 10 mill.

I'm not trying to insult your list btw, these are some fantastic players but I could see all of these players coming to roughly 80 - 100 mill rather than 50 mill.

Rocksteady FC

I wouldnt mind seeing how much United would let Darren Fletcher leave for myself.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Id like to get a playmaker in tbh i think thats what were lacking and if barry does go we'll be able to move petrov down in a defensive midfield spot, something like this id like to see next season:

-----------------Friedel--------------------

L.Young Cuellar Laursen--Bouma--

-----------------Petrov---------------------

Milner---------------------------A.Young

--------------PLAYMAKER----------------

----------Carew-------------Gabby-------

With that squad, if we get the right playmaker I think will bring villa alive next season

Dont neccaserily need a striker, we score plenty of goals.

Also where is Barry going?

Ask yourself why Liverpool would want him when Alonso has arguably been their best player this season. If Barry left to play a bit part role in whatever position he could, jeopodising his England chances, then id be very shocked.

If I am honest, i cant see Barry going and i hope he doesnt.

Dont neccaserily need a striker, we score plenty of goals.

Also where is Barry going?

Ask yourself why Liverpool would want him when Alonso has arguably been their best player this season. If Barry left to play a bit part role in whatever position he could, jeopodising his England chances, then id be very shocked.

If I am honest, i cant see Barry going and i hope he doesnt.

I couldn't disagree more.

You saw the game yesterday you saw how many chances we wasted, we need a proper striker to take those chances. The amount of games we have failed to kill off because of not taking our chances have been too many this season.

We need someone who could just do something special in the box when you need it and we don't have that right now.

bestmember.gif

EuropaLeague.png

Archived