FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

General Transfer Talk

avstu

Ok, let's play fantasy manager with Villa :)

I want to see in claret and blue the follow players:

- Joe Hart - I already said i like him :) - may be he will cost around 3-4 million.

- Brede Hangeland - really good season for this defender. And he could speak Norwegian with Carew :) Amount = 5-6 million.

- Micah Richards - Amount = 7-8 million.

- Steven Defour - good, young playmaker who wants to play for Villa - I think Standard Liege would want 13-15 million. OK, it is not a small amount but he is a real quality.

- David Bentley - will bring some rivalry between the wingers. And when Milner or Ashley are not in their best form they could be replaced and not like this season - poor games from them and they are always titulars. Amount = 10 million.

- Daniel Sturridge - Young, perspective player who wants to join Villa. Amount = ?!? (I rate him for 7-8 million).

TOTAL (max) = 51 million.

And of course Villa will sell some players but I think this is for another topic.

Strangely i disagree with half of those signings, i think we need proven quality if we really want to challenge the top 4 and some of those players may be prospects but we need players that can go out and make an impact, really improve our squad.

sturridge would not be on my list if we are limtd to 50 mill no way, dont get me wrong he may be something for the future but as i said above we need quality.

hangeland yer good season but not proven enough just yet for me again would not be on my list.

Richards actually no ive been watching him recently and i honestly believe we could do better.

Bently no if he cant cut it at tottenham dont think he will make it with the villa.

The only players id go for from that list are defour and joe hart both players who could come in and get straight in our starting 11.

Id also go for downing think hes carried borough at times and given the chance to run free could do great at the villa.(10-13mil)

We need a striker and right now in england the only striker i think we could sign and be any good would be as mentioned Bent(12-14mill)

And ofcourse a player who ive been banging on about Kranjcar!!!! (8-10mill)

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had to post this as I think the Author is not that far wrong. :lol:

Having watched our manager and tried to work out what goes on in that tiny mind of his, here is a more realistic list of players that I expect to see at Villa Park next year.

Some players who got their team relegated, so I expect some Middlesboro players

Stewart ‘got no pace’ Downing – I can hear our manger going on about how Downing is a current international, with good premiership pedigree. When the truth is that SD is so average and the thought of Mon saying I had to pay over the odds to get the right players so spent £16m on Downing is causing me to feel nausea.

Robert Huth – The very thought doesn't bare thinking about but it may just happen because we need maybe 2 centre halves and the only foreigners that we buy are those that have been rinsed out by other clubs.

Maybe some Sunderland players

Teemu Tianio – Never good enough but strangely enough Mon has always has a liking for this lame player. He also fits the bill in terms of a foreigner who has plied his trade in the UK, without success but his inabilities does not really matter. Tianio has been in the UK for 3 years and taken loads of money from whichever club he or his agent has been able to coerce into paying him tens of thousands of pounds a week, which makes him an ideal Villa signing.

Maybe some Wigan players, as Mon will suggest that as the Latics has made progress it is these players that has been pivotal in their progress.

Paul Scharner – I can't believe that we would even look anywhere near someone like him. Once again another who has been here and is acquainted with every last blade of grass so fits Mon's small minded thinking.

Some Blackburn players

Roque Santa Cruz? You are having a laugh

Benni Mcarthy? I doubt it but you never know

Jason Roberts? Now that is more like it – Mon would suggest he is a good foil for that other girl Emily 'can't tell which way the goal is' Heskey

What about James ‘ the Brazilian’ Beattie? I can already hear the sound of Mon suggesting he can play on his own and is a former international who has desires about playing in the world cup and so a hungry Beattie fits the bill perfectly. Can you imagine Beattie on the right, Heskey on the left and Carew in the middle? Imagine it, imagine for a moment ………………………………………….Sorry I just woke up and was having a nightmare!

Kevin Doyle – Who has shown that he is not even the best striker in the championship but has always been one of Mon favourites.

Or what about Doyle's really lame team mate? What’s his name? Dave ‘even worse than Marlon Harewood’ Kitson! Right up Mon tree! Cheap, lacking ability, can't score, has nothing in his locker but covers 150 miles in every game and can number every blade of grass. Actually that seems to be the criteria for most of the signings that Villa seem to make.

And lest I forget Rory 'got a trick' Delap – And Mon would probably suggest that he has a trick up his sleeve, so he signs him to bring something different to the team and then tells the fans that he is signing players who will bring the crowds back to Villa Park!!!!!!!

Mon will never sign anyone from Olbion not because Olbion are bad, they are but they play way too much football and like to pass the ball, which is not the O'Neil way!

And if we were to sign these players, I can just imagine the training session.

John Robertson to anyone of these, “When your back is to your opponents goal and you have a defender tightly marking you, what do you do?”

Players, “Kick the ball away from you as hard as you can?”

Robertson, “No, try again!”

Players, “Don’t know coach!”

Robertson, “You do a Cruyff! Any one of you millionaire footballers know what a Cruyff is?”

With on voices all the players shout, “Is it a dog show, coach?”

O’Neil, “Yes, well done, good show chaps! No get yourself reacquainted with every last blade of grass!”

Lmao!

Id scrap any plans for other positions until defence is sorted out , must be absoulte number 1 priority .

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Brede Hangelandis a really good shout. I feel our backline needs to be strenghened and hes had a good season for Fulham. Id look at Micah Richards and Mathew Upson aswell - Upson only has one year left on his contract i believe.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

When will it get through? Mon will not break up or sell the backline, as he thinks that they wil gel :lol: Mon hates to admit that he makes mistakes, you only have to listen to him to see that.#

And what on earth makes you think that RL is willing to plump up as much money again to improve the squad as what has spent so far should of allready of acomplished this to some degree, especially the back line.

I never said he would. If you read the first post it says IF he was to.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Brede Hangelandis a really good shout. I feel our backline needs to be strenghened and hes had a good season for Fulham. Id look at Micah Richards and Mathew Upson aswell - Upson only has one year left on his contract i believe.

Yeah he has been fantastic for Fulham this season, we were linked with him before he went to Fulham too.

Richards, first two seasons were fantastic, since then has been dire. Maybe MON is the man to get him back to his best.

bestmember.gif

EuropaLeague.png

Archived