FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

General Transfer Talk

avstu

Lets say for example MON has the same amount of money to spend that he did so last summer - £50Million.

What positions would you be strenghening and what players would you be looking at bringing in at what price and why?

Try to be as realistic as you can.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, let's play fantasy manager with Villa :)

I want to see in claret and blue the follow players:

- Joe Hart - I already said i like him :) - may be he will cost around 3-4 million.

- Brede Hangeland - really good season for this defender. And he could speak Norwegian with Carew :) Amount = 5-6 million.

- Micah Richards - Amount = 7-8 million.

- Steven Defour - good, young playmaker who wants to play for Villa - I think Standard Liege would want 13-15 million. OK, it is not a small amount but he is a real quality.

- David Bentley - will bring some rivalry between the wingers. And when Milner or Ashley are not in their best form they could be replaced and not like this season - poor games from them and they are always titulars. Amount = 10 million.

- Daniel Sturridge - Young, perspective player who wants to join Villa. Amount = ?!? (I rate him for 7-8 million).

TOTAL (max) = 51 million.

And of course Villa will sell some players but I think this is for another topic.

kkoychevm.jpg

All I can say is that I would be very wary if I was Rl to give Mon money to spend, as more than half of anyone he signs would more than Possibly be as bad as some of the others he has signed all ready.

As for the following names, Joe Hart ,Brede Hangeland, Micah Richards, Steven Defour , David Bentley .

I would agree with Micah Richards and possibly Steven Defour, I say possibly, as this kid Defour is week in the challenge and gets knocked off the ball all to easily.

As for the others you mentioned, I can't really see how they would move us forward.

If Mon is to buy, he needs to buy a lot better than most that he brought in his past windows, also, we need to find a natural finisher who also has control, vision and skill.

I think these players would make us stronger team. You don't like some of them. So give us an example who do you want to see in Villa as I did.

kkoychevm.jpg

One can not start to look at options on players if they maybe not be available, but one player I would love to see at the Villa is Steven Ireland, also it is time to start looking abroad for a couple of players who have better technique and a better all round game, obvioulsy a striker for one and a right wing back for another. I also tend to feel that Friedel is past his sell by date and we should let Guzan have a crack.

A striker i would go for Darren Bent i think he will available this summer at a low price.

A defender Micha Richards i think he is a quality player recon you looking at paying alot tho and the rest for me depends on Barry staying

One can not start to look at options on players if they maybe not be available, but one player I would love to see at the Villa is Steven Ireland, also it is time to start looking abroad for a couple of players who have better technique and a better all round game, obvioulsy a striker for one and a right wing back for another. I also tend to feel that Friedel is past his sell by date and we should let Guzan have a crack.

Once again, have you failed to notice Luke Young?

- Joe Hart - I already said i like him :) - may be he will cost around 3-4 million.

- Brede Hangeland - really good season for this defender. And he could speak Norwegian with Carew :) Amount = 5-6 million.

- Steven Defour - good, young playmaker who wants to play for Villa - I think Standard Liege would want 13-15 million. OK, it is not a small amount but he is a real quality.

- David Bentley - will bring some rivalry between the wingers. And when Milner or Ashley are not in their best form they could be replaced and not like this season - poor games from them and they are always titulars. Amount = 10 million.

- Daniel Sturridge - Young, perspective player who wants to join Villa. Amount = ?!? (I rate him for 7-8 million).

And of course Villa will sell some players but I think this is for another topic.

Thats a good list but im not sure about Bentley , has potential but to inconsistent but for competition id take him .

Defour is the one i really want to take us to the next level and we should spend big for him .

Wouldn't mind a striker like Olic or Petric ,i think they would really add to our attack and wouldn't cost much .

Unfortunately I just saw Olic is going to Bayern on a free transfer (what a steel)

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Joe Hart is not good enough to walk in and become our number one. He has potential yes and in a few years will be great but not for now, why else did City want Given?

bestmember.gif

EuropaLeague.png

kkoychev - some good shouts there, cant argue with any of them and most i would have said myself, so excuse me for maybe repeating a couple, lol

i dont see us getting a keeper and i wouldnt think we need one either atm, feidel has another season at least and guzan should prove a worthy replacment if needed.

we are very weak in defence and this would be a focus point, Luarsens fitness is a worry, he might not recover from his latest injury and i would bring in someone just in case - Brede Hangeland shouldnt cost too much. i agree with the mentioned valuation of about 5m

- Micah Richards, starting to show the kind of form that got him called into the England senior squad, he can play accross the back 4 and maybe even midfield so he would suite MON's style of playing some people anywhere he likes. again 7m is about right.

should we lose barry then we will need a top midfielder, i cant think of many without picking a 'unrealistic' option as they would have to be better than barry or at least on his level... - Kim Kallstrom is a player i have seen a few times for club and country and ive never been dissapointed, knows where the goal is also, might like the sound of england as the next step in his career, lyon would at least want the 6m they payed for him 3 years ago. and then ofcaurse - Steven Defour as been mentioned

- Sergio Aguero with athletico very unlikely to make it to europe some of there players might look to move on, at still only 20 i would move the earth to bring him in, is already a top striker and will only get better with time, they will be in no rush to sell and i doubt they would listen to bids anything less than about 25m

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

Archived