FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Time for change ?

8 minutes ago, JustRich said:

Bring Rafa in. Master tactician. 

I said this a while ago but apparently he has no intention of leaving China unless he is sacked.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its my big worry but i read something today that made me realise that maybe I am being a little harsh. Its our first year back in the Premier League and if we average around 1 point a game, we sh

I am not totally sold on Dean as manager, nice guy, but maybe a bit affable for me.....but he needs more time, However, I think 4-3-3 with our squad has been naive, 3-4-3 looks a bit better. Howe

Welcome to the forum Rocky. Fully agree with your post...I hate sacking managers, it does take time and I also have major doubts about Dean's suitability but really hope he proves us wrong.

5 hours ago, avstu said:

I said this a while ago but apparently he has no intention of leaving China unless he is sacked.

Yeah I saw him on sky saying that he'd love to come back to the premier league but he intends to stick it out over there until his contract has finished. 

Him and Purslow have history, I just can't help but think he's almost destined for us. Do I think he'd have this squad performing better? Absolutely. 

mzjj.jpg

14 hours ago, JustRich said:

Yeah I saw him on sky saying that he'd love to come back to the premier league but he intends to stick it out over there until his contract has finished. 

Him and Purslow have history, I just can't help but think he's almost destined for us. Do I think he'd have this squad performing better? Absolutely. 

He was linked to us back in 2011 I believe to replace Gerald, he seemed quite interested apparently but was put off by the lack of spending money from Lerner at the time. I feel if he had came in then, things would have turned out so much different. 

On 1/15/2020 at 1:47 PM, Theclaretblue said:

He was linked to us back in 2011 I believe to replace Gerald, he seemed quite interested apparently but was put off by the lack of spending money from Lerner at the time. I feel if he had came in then, things would have turned out so much different. 

Aii I remember that, wanted 50mill to spend and got rejected. Beginning of our end. 

mzjj.jpg

After yesterday’s performance I am still not convinced with Smith, no heart or sole in the side and god forbid if Jack gets injured we are fooked 

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

1 minute ago, B6! said:

After yesterday’s performance I am still not convinced with Smith, no heart or sole in the side and god forbid if Jack gets injured we are fooked 

Its my big worry but i read something today that made me realise that maybe I am being a little harsh.

Its our first year back in the Premier League and if we average around 1 point a game, we should do enough to stay up.

We have 22 points from 23 games so we are just below that at the moment.

It would be nice to see us show the same fight and desire as the sides in and around us though.

• Like 2

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I am not totally sold on Dean as manager, nice guy, but maybe a bit affable for me.....but he needs more time, However, I think 4-3-3 with our squad has been naive, 3-4-3 looks a bit better.

However, I am not in favour of changing managers too often either, some sort of momentum needs to build, relationships need to gel and stability cannot be under estimated....I do hope he makes it.

New players coming in are bound to help, if we sign the right ones.....Pepe Reina was an inspired signing IMO....and fingers crossed on Samatta.

I think we need a powerful midfielder too, to help give us domination in the middle.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Rocky said:

I am not totally sold on Dean as manager, nice guy, but maybe a bit affable for me.....but he needs more time, However, I think 4-3-3 with our squad has been naive, 3-4-3 looks a bit better.

However, I am not in favour of changing managers too often either, some sort of momentum needs to build, relationships need to gel and stability cannot be under estimated....I do hope he makes it.

New players coming in are bound to help, if we sign the right ones.....Pepe Reina was an inspired signing IMO....and fingers crossed on Samatta.

I think we need a powerful midfielder too, to help give us domination in the middle.

Welcome to the forum Rocky.

Fully agree with your post...I hate sacking managers, it does take time and I also have major doubts about Dean's suitability but really hope he proves us wrong.

• Like 1

trouble with dean is, he cannot see the stupid careless mistakes on the field, if he does, he ignores them, they just dont seem to improve, the same mistakes are made game after game after game, he may keep us up by the skin of our teeth, if he does, and its a big IF then he has to go, or we will never move forward under him, he is not premier league material im afraid. 

The best part of 50 conceded goals in 25 games is a serious issue......most teams who have the worst goals against column, go down.....we should be warned.

There is no surprise to me when I see, how Norwich, Villa & Sheff Utd play....to see where they are in the league.

We have a style, that renders itself far too easy to beat.....we play in a way that encourages the opposition as opposed to making them cautious.

I am unsure if Dean can change this or doesn't want to change this.....but I fear for the outcome, if he doesn't do something.