Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

B6!

Time for change ?

greylish is not the player he is made out to be, in any other team he would be a decent average player, he wont make the top six teams. no way. 

10 hours ago, markymark said:

What's the consensus regarding DS now? 

It’s difficult as he got it right against Burnley, then we lose two more of our first team players.

leicester was a disciplined performance apart from the error with the free kick, which was the players fault.

didn't expect anything from yesterday, the only side really capable of giving city a game is Liverpool, but we didn’t even turn up.

what is concerning me is the calibre of players he is looking at this January window, for me drinkwater is another project! We needed someone who was going to hit the ground running. 

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

It’s difficult as he got it right against Burnley, then we lose two more of our first team players.

leicester was a disciplined performance apart from the error with the free kick, which was the players fault.

didn't expect anything from yesterday, the only side really capable of giving city a game is Liverpool, but we didn’t even turn up.

what is concerning me is the calibre of players he is looking at this January window, for me drinkwater is another project! We needed someone who was going to hit the ground running. 

My take on the situation now is that we are not going to get the players in required during this window (could you imagine as a player seeing that result and performance and then being asked if you're interested in joining in that shower?).

So for me we need a manager who can work with what they have at their disposal.  Watford were dead and buried, yet 4 weeks later the same players under a new manager and they are flying and clear of the relegation zone.

DS out, but I'm under no illusion we'll stick with him and sadly imo he will take us back down.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

I understand some of the question marks against Smith and share some of the same concerns but I would stick with Smith and feel it's the right thing to do.

I always felt this season with the way we play and general naivety and lack of experience at this level would lead to a few really bad days like yesterday and Watford. 

This season was always going to be a real dogfight to stay up, forget about the money spent.

I still think we have every chance of staying up, most squads around us are significantly better but don't have a matchwinner or the X factor we have with Grealish. Mings and Heaton are also huge players though obviously Heaton out is a big loss. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

On 1/12/2020 at 7:48 PM, markymark said:

What's the consensus regarding DS now? 

Same as it was a few pages back, I don't think he's the man to lead us but really hope I'm wrong.

45 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

Same as it was a few pages back, I don't think he's the man to lead us but really hope I'm wrong.

We certainly will need to be wrong,  because DS ain't going anywhere. 

Genuinely think he's out of his depth in this league. Look at where Brentford are now without him?! 

mzjj.jpg

15 hours ago, JustRich said:

Genuinely think he's out of his depth in this league. Look at where Brentford are now without him?! 

DS did an okay job at Brentford nothing more.  He led them to 2 or 3 mid table finishes, his predecessor Warburton qualified for the play offs and as you point out they are flying high under his replacement TF. 

Imo fans got blinkered and fixated on DS in a very similar manner to when Paul Lambert was appointed and that was also a massive mistake.

My biggest issue with Smith this season is the fact that he speaks very well at times about the game. He isnt scared to say when players are making errors and rightly so.

The issue lies in the fact that these issues continue. Mings, Hause, Konsa, Targett, Guilbert and Engels have all made the same mistakes this season on more than one occasion and they are ALL Smiths signings.

Time is running out for us to learn from these mistakes. Before we know it we will be back playing Friday evening football again in the Championship.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant