Jump to content
FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Time for change ?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its my big worry but i read something today that made me realise that maybe I am being a little harsh. Its our first year back in the Premier League and if we average around 1 point a game, we sh

I am not totally sold on Dean as manager, nice guy, but maybe a bit affable for me.....but he needs more time, However, I think 4-3-3 with our squad has been naive, 3-4-3 looks a bit better. Howe

Welcome to the forum Rocky. Fully agree with your post...I hate sacking managers, it does take time and I also have major doubts about Dean's suitability but really hope he proves us wrong.

2 minutes ago, Apollo said:

It is a p*ss poor squad. A big waste of money in my opinion! Seems to be the same old story over the last few years! 

We just can't seem to get it right, team is built too much on potential and certainly not the right team for a relegation scrap. You can't help but feel a few proper pros like Gary Cahil would have made a huge difference.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dublin Villain said:

We just can't seem to get it right, team is built too much on potential and certainly not the right team for a relegation scrap. You can't help but feel a few proper pros like Gary Cahil would have made a huge difference.

It’s an absolute shower of sh*t!

 

we have had a few inexperience managers over the past few years having a go at unearthing a gem! And failing massively! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dublin Villain said:

We just can't seem to get it right, team is built too much on potential and certainly not the right team for a relegation scrap. You can't help but feel a few proper pros like Gary Cahil would have made a huge difference.

How right you are DV  apart from the usual 3 i cant see many if any having the guts for a relegation blood and thunder relegation scrap--strewth a few go missing or want to come off now when the chips are down,woeful really woeful.bring back Hutton Whelan and Milo i say.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn’t  bele9ve what I watched yesterday.

From the kick off we were crap, wrong tactics again from the manager, 1 down against Watford who then hav a player sent off and Delano keeps it the same. Then we concede two more against 10 men ffs.

one striker is not working for us, it’s a four four f**cking two Deano.

 

Surely his last game will be Burnley?

 

 

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, B6! said:

Couldn’t  bele9ve what I watched yesterday.

From the kick off we were crap, wrong tactics again from the manager, 1 down against Watford who then hav a player sent off and Delano keeps it the same. Then we concede two more against 10 men ffs.

one striker is not working for us, it’s a four four f**cking two Deano.

 

Surely his last game will be Burnley?

 

 

I was thinking about this. I think after the next Watford game could be the decider. They'll allow us to play through teams around us/bottom half, and I'd we've still not picked it up, especially with Mings back soon. Then I think Purslow will pull the trigger. 

I said at the time, giving Smith a 4 year dear part way through the season was odd. I stand by that, and now looks just plain bizarre

mzjj.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JustRich said:

I was thinking about this. I think after the next Watford game could be the decider. They'll allow us to play through teams around us/bottom half, and I'd we've still not picked it up, especially with Mings back soon. Then I think Purslow will pull the trigger. 

I said at the time, giving Smith a 4 year dear part way through the season was odd. I stand by that, and now looks just plain bizarre

West Ham sacked pellagrini yesterday, only Norwich and us have stood with the current manager.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Apollo said:

It is a p*ss poor squad. A big waste of money in my opinion! Seems to be the same old story over the last few years! 

I dont think the squad is p*ss poor.

The system we play doesn't suit our players.

 

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, B6! said:

Couldn’t  bele9ve what I watched yesterday.

From the kick off we were crap, wrong tactics again from the manager, 1 down against Watford who then hav a player sent off and Delano keeps it the same. Then we concede two more against 10 men ffs.

one striker is not working for us, it’s a four four f**cking two Deano.

 

Surely his last game will be Burnley?

 

 

Do you a reckon draw is enough to keep him in the job? is it safe to say that maybe even Deano wasn't sure if we were prepared to go up. I mean maybe when he came in his first season he thought his job was to try and finish as high as possible and then build for promotion in the following season with a stable squad. Instead we got promoted with a squad full of loanees who weren't expected to stay and players not ready for the top flight. Come the new season Deano build new squad from scratch which as seen before by Fulham doesn't work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Theclaretblue said:

Do you a reckon draw is enough to keep him in the job? is it safe to say that maybe even Deano wasn't sure if we were prepared to go up. I mean maybe when he came in his first season he thought his job was to try and finish as high as possible and then build for promotion in the following season with a stable squad. Instead we got promoted with a squad full of loanees who weren't expected to stay and players not ready for the top flight. Come the new season Deano build new squad from scratch which as seen before by Fulham doesn't work. 

I don't think he will lose his job. Regardless of what we think of the manager the owners have a plan and vision. Smith is part of that vision and when he does eventually move on for whatever reason, we will get someone similar. I can't see them ever going for a short term fix with Big Sam for example.

I think they will back him again in January and hope that he can turn it around. It really would not surprise me if he took us down and remained as our manager next season. 

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...