FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Time for change ?

the death knell is ringing-----Deano said himself that he read them the riot act at half -time---

-a thing he seldom does??

and what was the response from this bunch of players masquerading as ASTON VILLA footballers??----------------------

to go and concede a further 2 goals against ---------10 men!!!!!!!!!!! a f******g disgrace---

to me this implies that Deano has " lost the dressing room"---------------------they simply aint playing for him---the only solution,bring in someone who will get them performing- if that is possible---before its too late,

Norwich Watford,Hammers Brighton Saints are all scrapping----we are meekly whimperingly dropping back into the Championship,---------

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its my big worry but i read something today that made me realise that maybe I am being a little harsh. Its our first year back in the Premier League and if we average around 1 point a game, we sh

I am not totally sold on Dean as manager, nice guy, but maybe a bit affable for me.....but he needs more time, However, I think 4-3-3 with our squad has been naive, 3-4-3 looks a bit better. Howe

Welcome to the forum Rocky. Fully agree with your post...I hate sacking managers, it does take time and I also have major doubts about Dean's suitability but really hope he proves us wrong.

22 minutes ago, freddy said:

the death knell is ringing-----Deano said himself that he read them the riot act at half -time---

-a thing he seldom does??

and what was the response from this bunch of players masquerading as ASTON VILLA footballers??----------------------

to go and concede a further 2 goals against ---------10 men!!!!!!!!!!! a f******g disgrace---

to me this implies that Deano has " lost the dressing room"---------------------they simply aint playing for him---the only solution,bring in someone who will get them performing- if that is possible---before its too late,

Norwich Watford,Hammers Brighton Saints are all scrapping----we are meekly whimperingly dropping back into the Championship,---------

Spot on Freddy, he read the riot act and got absolutely no response.

He's also moaning about Watford not stopping to put the ball out of play, we should have had a free kick leading up to their third.  Just excuses, this is his team, his selections, his formation, his tactics, his substitutions, his responsibility as MANAGER.

Taxi for DS.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

16 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Never thought I would say this but sack him and get big Sam in.

Couldn't agree more I love Deano done amazing job getting us to the top flight, but is he a top flight manager?... by the looks things no. You can't spend £120million and be sitting 18th with just five wins all season. Big Sam not fan but he'd keep us no problem and stablise us for at least a couple of seasons. 

2 minutes ago, Theclaretblue said:

Couldn't agree more I love Deano done amazing job getting us to the top flight, but is he a top flight manager?... by the looks things no. You can't spend £120million and be sitting 18th with just five wins all season. Big Sam not fan but he'd keep us no problem and stablise us for at least a couple of seasons. 

Not a fan of his football, but then Deanos isn’t looking much better.

we just need someone to save us and Sam has that track record. 

Am feeling real gutted ---BUT AVFC is  far far more more bigger and important than any one man albeit "one of our own" or not

with todays riot act reading having zero zilch no effect whatsoever---then i,m afraid it would seem that the time has come----if so then Deano can only have his stubbornness and lack of loyalty from the players to blame--

looking around only Big SAM fits the requirements one who is prepared to call out the players---to me Deano is too passive and nice to them--he needs to get nasty---but can he?

Poch wont come any where near a struggling club----nor will Moyes

Rafa is raking it in in China

Warnock has retired,

Hughton is good but not at the bottom end of the table,

Arry could be tempted ---but he dont like Villa,

Who else is there?---who would not be afraid of the players?

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Today was an absolute disaster.

My only worry is could a big Sam even get anything from the current squad? You look at Watford, Burnley, West Ham or nearly anyone apart from Norwich and they have a certain steel and level of experience about them that I just don't see in this team.

Not saying to stick with Deano just pointing out even with a change I fear we're far too fragile and lacking in experience for the fight we have on our hands. Not sure if we can do much in January but we need to add steel and fight to this team as we just don't have it in the current squad.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."