FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Time for change ?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its my big worry but i read something today that made me realise that maybe I am being a little harsh. Its our first year back in the Premier League and if we average around 1 point a game, we sh

I am not totally sold on Dean as manager, nice guy, but maybe a bit affable for me.....but he needs more time, However, I think 4-3-3 with our squad has been naive, 3-4-3 looks a bit better. Howe

Welcome to the forum Rocky. Fully agree with your post...I hate sacking managers, it does take time and I also have major doubts about Dean's suitability but really hope he proves us wrong.

Brought in a young coach, who did well initially then spent the summer signing lots of potential. It's like 2015/16 all over again.

Do we back the manager this time or do we risk bringing in another Remi Garde ?

I think Smith has one or two games to save his job and whoever was responsible for our summer recruitment should be looking for a new job also.

The contract extension was stupid but not one realistic suggestion says it all.

Poch - dream on, completely unrealistic.

Big Sam - we'd turn on him in 5 minutes and be back to square one.

Extremely worried but I don't see anyone suitable out there, Smith deserves more games to turn it around and sticking with him is the only option I see so we may as well get behind him.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

9 hours ago, Dublin Villain said:

The contract extension was stupid but not one realistic suggestion says it all.

Poch - dream on, completely unrealistic.

Big Sam - we'd turn on him in 5 minutes and be back to square one.

Extremely worried but I don't see anyone suitable out there, Smith deserves more games to turn it around and sticking with him is the only option I see so we may as well get behind him.

I will and do every game mate, I left early on Saturday as I can’t be doing with the boo boys who are suddenly back on the scene.

However, the writing is on the wall.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

1 hour ago, B6! said:

I will and do every game mate, I left early on Saturday as I can’t be doing with the boo boys who are suddenly back on the scene.

However, the writing is on the wall.

No doubting that or your commitment mate, I  just don't see any viable option but to give him another few games. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

i cant decide who is to blame----the players--Jack excluded seem so f****** clueless lifeless and gutless,  the back 4 on Saturday looked like lost schoolboys--there was a Villa free kick late in the second half  when Heaton seemed to sprint to the halfway line to tell them where to stand!!!--

Wesley and Marvelous have trouble controlling the f****g ball,it bounces off Wes,s knees, thigh,shin---its unbelieveable,and  passing collectively is awful, Luiz  seems uninterested, AEL shines when Villa shine otherwise he goes "missing" to me money was well wasted in the summer--on players with NO premiership experience--and then thrust straight into the"best league in the world"

i would start Chester on Thursday---his experience  and leadership is really needed---Engels was terrible very much exploited by Danny Ings--Hause werent no better, and Targett beggars belief---cant we recall Bree, Hogan is he still a Villa player? RHM and certainly O,Hare?

Deano seems completely lost and devioid of any plan B---its starting to remind me of Steve Bruce,---where is J,T, in all of this??

Worrying times no doubt about it!!!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

I really want Smith to turn it around but I can't see it. He has a real problem when it comes to a plan B. Once an opposition side work him out - we are done. Subs are always too late also.

As for who comes in. Why not Rafa? Apparently unhappy in China.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

39 minutes ago, avstu said:

I really want Smith to turn it around but I can't see it. He has a real problem when it comes to a plan B. Once an opposition side work him out - we are done. Subs are always too late also.

Rafa would be big money.  (Not opposed to the idea)

Whilst I would favour replacing DS, I believe management will back him as it makes them look incredibly stupid when they've just awarded DS a new 4 year contract.

I read that DS will be backed with extra money in the January window to strengthen the squad.

But before that can happen we play Norwich, Watford and Burnley which will have a massive impact on the remainder of the season.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

6 hours ago, avstu said:

Rafa stated very clearly he was happy in China and wants to see out 2 years there.

He's on silly money out there.