FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Time for change ?

Less than two years ago we were sat here discussing the possibility of bankruptcy, winding up orders and relegation to league 1 or worse.

We all know the detail of what has happened in the months since, why we found ourselves promoted and barely able to field a team.

The foundations are taking place for something that we can finally build a decent team on, no bomb squad, no ageing players that are no longer first choice drawing huge salaries, just a group of young players, rapidly assembled who will hopefully get better. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its my big worry but i read something today that made me realise that maybe I am being a little harsh. Its our first year back in the Premier League and if we average around 1 point a game, we sh

I am not totally sold on Dean as manager, nice guy, but maybe a bit affable for me.....but he needs more time, However, I think 4-3-3 with our squad has been naive, 3-4-3 looks a bit better. Howe

Welcome to the forum Rocky. Fully agree with your post...I hate sacking managers, it does take time and I also have major doubts about Dean's suitability but really hope he proves us wrong.

53 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

Less than two years ago we were sat here discussing the possibility of bankruptcy, winding up orders and relegation to league 1 or worse.

We all know the detail of what has happened in the months since, why we found ourselves promoted and barely able to field a team.

The foundations are taking place for something that we can finally build a decent team on, no bomb squad, no ageing players that are no longer first choice drawing huge salaries, just a group of young players, rapidly assembled who will hopefully get better. 

I agree Paul.

As for DS being in charge next season I would give him till xmas and see where we are then.

• Upvote 1

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

3 hours ago, B6! said:

I agree Paul.

As for DS being in charge next season I would give him till xmas and see where we are then.

I hope it doesn't come to that, mid season sackings smack of desperation and usually leave clubs with a squad full of unwanted overpaid panic buys and we know where that leads.

Time to keep things steady, no major changes. We have the spine of a good team and good character as demonstrated.  4 or 5 good signings in the right areas  and I think we will be fine next season.

Smith deserves full support next season and Suso leaving would appear to be a nod the recruitment wasn't quite up to scratch like the glaring deficiency  we were left with upfront. 

I think the break showed we shouldn't write some of these players off. Luiz and Konsa were much improved and a player like Wesley may still prove a good player. 

Big problems were addressed over the break, well done to Smith and co. 

• Upvote 1

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

28/07/2020 : AVFC have confirmed today that the Sporting Director, nickname 'Suso', has left the Club.

Aston Villa can confirm that Jesus Garcia Pitarch’s contract as Sporting Director has ended.
Mr Pitarch, who is known as Suso, joined Aston Villa in October 2018.
The Board would like to thank Suso for his hard work in restructuring the playing squad after the change of ownership in 2018, and for setting in place foundations for future success including the reorganisation of our Academy.

There were many complaints about AVFC's recruitment policy during the 2019-2020 Season and this move today seems to vindicate those complaints. Hopefully the Manager will be given full control of recruitment (subject to finances) from now on.

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

3 hours ago, Dublin Villain said:

Time to keep things steady, no major changes. We have the spine of a good team and good character as demonstrated.  4 or 5 good signings in the right areas  and I think we will be fine next season.

Smith deserves full support next season and Suso leaving would appear to be a nod the recruitment wasn't quite up to scratch like the glaring deficiency  we were left with upfront. 

I think the break showed we shouldn't write some of these players off. Luiz and Konsa were much improved and a player like Wesley may still prove a good player. 

Big problems were addressed over the break, well done to Smith and co. 

Agree 100%

30/07/2020 : AVFC have today replaced 'Suso' as Sporting Director with Johan Lange.

Aston Villa is delighted to announce the appointment of Johan Lange as the Club’s new Sporting Director.
Lange joins from Danish club FC Copenhagen where he has served as Technical Director for the last six years.
In his role as Sporting Director, Lange will report directly to the Board.

Johan Lange said: “Aston Villa is one of the most famous clubs in European football with a rich history, but it is also a progressive club looking to the future. I am excited and honoured to be given this opportunity to contribute to the club’s ambitious strategy to become a force in Premier League football again.”

Full details in the link below.

If we want AVFC to 'become a force again' then the first thing we do is retain our best players !

Link : https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2020/07/30/johan-lange-sporting-director

AVFC RFC SAFC