Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Transfer Talk (January 2020)

We knew in October that we needed another striker in January. Why are we two weeks in and only just coming close to signing one?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

17 minutes ago, avstu said:

We knew in October that we needed another striker in January. Why are we two weeks in and only just coming close to signing one?

Drives me mad that we could and should have had this done by now, we have 3 crucial league games coming up and may go into them all without a striker.

1 minute ago, dorset lion said:

Drives me mad that we could and should have had this done by now, we have 3 crucial league games coming up and may go into them all without a striker.

I can't see this lad from Genk being done before the weekend IF he needs a work permit like so many are reporting.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 minute ago, avstu said:

I can't see this lad from Genk being done before the weekend IF he needs a work permit like so many are reporting.

You'd assume he must as he is Tanzanian so even if we sign him tonight it he isn't likely to play for a couple of weeks.

Just now, dorset lion said:

You'd assume he must as he is Tanzanian so even if we sign him tonight it he isn't likely to play for a couple of weeks.

Bit of a concerning tweet also:

Part of me feels like this is the year we got relegated all over again except with a more likeable side. We seem to be buying unproven players who will probably jump ship IF we go down and have decent careers abroad.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Kodjia is off to Qatar then...

Mellberg_Signature.png

2 minutes ago, avstu said:

Bit of a concerning tweet also:

Part of me feels like this is the year we got relegated all over again except with a more likeable side. We seem to be buying unproven players who will probably jump ship IF we go down and have decent careers abroad.

I haven't a clue how good he is, just that the games per goal ration were promising.

I to am getting that Deja Vu feeling and have not being impressed with our recruitment.

2 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

I haven't a clue how good he is, just that the games per goal ration were promising.

I to am getting that Deja Vu feeling and have not being impressed with our recruitment.

I think that its been looked at so wrong. People think goals are an issue. I disagree. Conceeding is an issue because we don't hold the ball up top which puts so much pressure on the defence. I honestly believe that not signing Benteke on loan will be a missed opportunity. 

Mellberg_Signature.png

58 minutes ago, avstu said:

We got our whole recruitment policy wrong in the summer, which is showing now.

We all knew we were 1-2 attacking/strikers light when the window was closing.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Samatta has been in Belgium for over 5 years so could apply for belgian citizenship as a way around the work permit.  Personally would prefer Bowen from Hull. 

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger