Jump to content

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Transfer Talk (January 2020)

Recommended Posts

Its a dam shame just as Wes starts clicking with a new system some prat finishes his season!!


2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like we're happy to go with nyland, Kalinic and Sarkic. With steer still to come back from injury. 

Also sounds like we'll be getting a striker or two, Smith isn't sure how many at this point. 

If we ended up with batshuayi on loan to buy, bowen, and another couple would that be so bad? Drinkwater on loan, take a pop at mcneil from Burnley? 


mzjj.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumours last night suggested we will look at Joe Hart as a goalkeeper option.

I love how Smith stated that we need proven players in January and he will make a couple of loan and permanent deals. He said he wants 'plug in and play' players who he can just drop into our team and they will do a job.


Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, avstu said:

Rumours last night suggested we will look at Joe Hart as a goalkeeper option.

I love how Smith stated that we need proven players in January and he will make a couple of loan and permanent deals. He said he wants 'plug in and play' players who he can just drop into our team and they will do a job.

Hart would fit that mould, but is he up to it anymore? 


mzjj.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have goalkeeping options and the best keeper in the world isn't going to keep us up without some better outfield players.

If FFP is an issue another keeper should be some way down the list of priorities.

Smith has alluded to what we need, proven players who will improve what we have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smith told sky today that they're looking at goalkeeper options. 

Is it me if does preparation for this window seem very Unorganised? 

Seems like Chelsea are making everyone wait until they have another striker on board before allowing batman or Giroud leave. One would be decent, both would be immense. 

Bowen has been spotted at Bodymoor, apparently. Take that with a pinch of salt


mzjj.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dorset lion said:

We have goalkeeping options and the best keeper in the world isn't going to keep us up without some better outfield players.

If FFP is an issue another keeper should be some way down the list of priorities.

Smith has alluded to what we need, proven players who will improve what we have now.

This FFP has been dismissed by both the manager and DOF.

The article also come from the Daily Mail. Which is as bad as the Sun these days.

And in the article it goes on to say 'IF VILLA WERE TO BE RELEGATED - THE EFL COULD BE LOOKING TO PUNISH THEM FOR FAILING FFP'.

 


Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JustRich said:

Smith told sky today that they're looking at goalkeeper options. 

Is it me if does preparation for this window seem very Unorganised? 

Seems like Chelsea are making everyone wait until they have another striker on board before allowing batman or Giroud leave. One would be decent, both would be immense. 

Bowen has been spotted at Bodymoor, apparently. Take that with a pinch of salt

I think they had plans for certain players and have had to look elsewhere for other options due to more injuries.

I think Giroud has and was the aim from the off and I also think he is just what we need. Someone with experience and someone able to hold up a ball.

The Bowen rumour has been going around for days now.

Although Smith did say he was hopeful of 1-2 additions before Manchester City.


Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JustRich said:

Smith told sky today that they're looking at goalkeeper options. 

Is it me if does preparation for this window seem very Unorganised? 

Seems like Chelsea are making everyone wait until they have another striker on board before allowing batman or Giroud leave. One would be decent, both would be immense. 

Bowen has been spotted at Bodymoor, apparently. Take that with a pinch of salt

Would love it if we signed Bowen, looks a really good prospect, certainly better than Trez or Ghazi.


"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, avstu said:

I think they had plans for certain players and have had to look elsewhere for other options due to more injuries.

I think Giroud has and was the aim from the off and I also think he is just what we need. Someone with experience and someone able to hold up a ball.

The Bowen rumour has been going around for days now.

Although Smith did say he was hopeful of 1-2 additions before Manchester City.

Giroud would be an excellent signing in our current predicament, however we can't afford to wait around to see if Chelsea decide to release him.


"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...