FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Transfer Talk (January 2020)

On 2/1/2020 at 1:01 PM, dorset lion said:

I've read that we've just taken up Baston's contract until it expires in the summer, that he is just cover should we suffer more injuries.

It's not ideal but considering 18 months ago we were sweating about winding up orders and relegation to league 1 only to go and get promoted with a squad in need of a complete rebuild, maybe we should calm the criticism down. We are holding our own, the players and team are improving. 

I'm not excited by any of our recent signings but I can understand why they are doing what they are doing, we have to work within FFP with an eye as to where we are next season and no matter where we are It'll be a damn sight healthier than 18 months ago.

Its one of those transfers that is functional as opposed to inspirational.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think I've ever been so pissed off with the signing of a player as I am with the signing of Drinkwater.  In the last 12 months he's been nicked more times by the police than he's been pic

i just hope whoever we buy is an improvement on some of the so called players that we have

About to sign Borja Baston apparently...whop de bloody do. That doesn't smack of last minute desperation does it. I hope its a loan because there is nothing in this players past to suggest he off

Sadly Susso is very poor how can we have a coach who does not get the players he wants.  .  It gonna be very tough  from here to the end of the season . I hope the owners change it what ever division we in next season it is not working 

26 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Its one of those transfers that is functional as opposed to inspirational.

Some bloody idiot went and got us promoted before we had a team, building a functional one in one summer is difficult enough, if we survive we can hopefully start adding quality.

6 hours ago, Villaforlife77 said:

Sadly Susso is very poor how can we have a coach who does not get the players he wants.  .  It gonna be very tough  from here to the end of the season . I hope the owners change it what ever division we in next season it is not working 

I am not convinced by the arrangement.

6 hours ago, dorset lion said:

Some bloody idiot went and got us promoted before we had a team, building a functional one in one summer is difficult enough, if we survive we can hopefully start adding quality.

fingers crossed.

• avstu unpinned this topic