Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Transfer Talk (January 2020)

33 minutes ago, markymark said:

Mentioned Bowen myself in this window,  Dorset.  Agree he would have been a very good signing. 

It's pretty poor management that we've known before this window opened what exactly was required.  Yet it appears we're going to go into the run in with 1 striker with no prem experience and Davis who is constantly getting injured.

Not an ideal situation. 

About to sign Borja Baston apparently...whop de bloody do.

That doesn't smack of last minute desperation does it. I hope its a loan because there is nothing in this players past to suggest he offers much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dorset lion said:

About to sign Borja Baston apparently...whop de bloody do.

That doesn't smack of last minute desperation does it. I hope its a loan because there is nothing in this players past to suggest he offers much.

Don't understand the logic in this deal, personally.  Time will tell. 

There had to be better options out there than a player who cannot get into the Swansea team, surely. 

• Like 1

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

18 minutes ago, markymark said:

Don't understand the logic in this deal, personally.  Time will tell. 

There had to be better options out there than a player who cannot get into the Swansea team, surely. 

I'm not sure there is any logic, we've got rid of Kodjia and loaned out RHM and Hogan to bring in Samatta and Baston. I'm not convinced we've improved our options but we may well have made them worse.

I hope Davis can stay fit for the rest of the season, we're likely to really need him.

I am not convinced we are signing players better than we already have.

the odd one of course, but generally, not so sure.

but i will be happy to be proved wrong.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, suso has to go. I don't see what he brings to the table? I get we've got to be careful because we spent a lot in the summer. But why panic buy another striker when we have Davis and Vassilev? He's absolute dog sh*t! He's another Jota? Will never play and when he does will look distinctly average. 

Save the f**cking wages for christ sake and play some youth players. 

Edit. I'll just add, that if... And it's a huge if obviously. If, we stay up and win the cup. We'd be in Europe.....there is no way this squad is anywhere near good enough for that. So why panic buy crap when we could go with what we have and invest in the summer accordingly on QUALITY. which is desperately what we need. We don't need another 13 players. We could get another 4 in for 80-100mill that would make a huge difference 

mzjj.jpg

It is interesting to look at other clubs fan forums and see so many using the same complaint, that their club is panic buying shite.

It leaves me even more convinced that the transfer window isn't a good idea.  This mad january trolley dash isn't working.  It's like somebody already emptied the meat fridges and by the time you race the trolley there, all that is left is mince.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, accute attention to derail said:

It is interesting to look at other clubs fan forums and see so many using the same complaint, that their club is panic buying shite.

It leaves me even more convinced that the transfer window isn't a good idea.  This mad january trolley dash isn't working.  It's like somebody already emptied the meat fridges and by the time you race the trolley there, all that is left is mince.

That is a cracking way of putting it but bang on!

We got O,Hare RHM Hogan out on loan-!From what weve seen of Vassilev although young has bundles of energy and to me is well capable to back up Sammata and Davis it seems crazee to me to go back to the championship to bring in a player who seems to be 3rd choice at his club!!!apparently hevis known to Suso or whatever his name is-could it be a bit of "old pals act"? Reminds me of when Coco dragged journeyman Grant Holt in.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Agree with above posters, would rather have developed Vassilev than bring a Swansea non-starter in.

Don't see what he brings,  but I hope to be proved wrong. 

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

I've read that we've just taken up Baston's contract until it expires in the summer, that he is just cover should we suffer more injuries.

It's not ideal but considering 18 months ago we were sweating about winding up orders and relegation to league 1 only to go and get promoted with a squad in need of a complete rebuild, maybe we should calm the criticism down. We are holding our own, the players and team are improving. 

I'm not excited by any of our recent signings but I can understand why they are doing what they are doing, we have to work within FFP with an eye as to where we are next season and no matter where we are It'll be a damn sight healthier than 18 months ago.