Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

ASTON VILLA vs Leicester City

ASTON VILLA vs Leicester City

Pre/post match chat, Live chat & Analysis

ASTON VILLA v Leicester City

Premier League - Matchday 16

Sunday, 8th December 2019

Villa Park, Birmingham

14.00 Kick-Off

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

EPL (Premier League), Sunday 08/12/2019 : Aston Villa v Leicester City, KO 14:00 hours, SKY.

05/12/2019 : We take on an ordinary club that has achieved extraordinary successes on Sunday. This is proof to me that the EPL need not be the plaything of the so-called 'Big Clubs' and by any measure, AVFC is one of its biggest Clubs anyway.
What Leicester have achieved we can, in time, achieve (again) too and thereby add to the long and proud history of Aston Villa. I hope AVFC will get back to winning ways on Sunday and I make my default prediction to that end.

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City

AVFC RFC SAFC

The tough run of fixtures has seen that 18th place creep up on us, we need to win this.

Leicester are doing well but far from unbeatable if we play well.

2-1 Villa.

On 12/5/2019 at 9:16 PM, dorset lion said:

The tough run of fixtures has seen that 18th place creep up on us, we need to win this.

Leicester are doing well but far from unbeatable if we play well.

2-1 Villa.

Leicester are doing what Liverpool are at the moment. Winning games without playing well. Signs of a very good side.

It wont be easy but as you said, very winnable if we turn up and tighten up at the back.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

After todays results we slip down to 17th----3 points are sure needed ,

Come On You Lions---

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

21 minutes ago, JustRich said:

I like Smith but I do wish we'd gone all out to get Rodgers

I was screaming for Rodgers at the time,  instead we went for Smith.

Absolutely appalling result. 

Why management awarded Smith a new 4 year contract I cannot understand. 

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

43 minutes ago, markymark said:

I was screaming for Rodgers at the time,  instead we went for Smith.

Absolutely appalling result. 

Why management awarded Smith a new 4 year contract I cannot understand. 

I said at the time, a new 4 year contract at this stage of the season is absolutely bizarre. Wait until the end of the season. 

I guarantee if we're in the bottom three with ten games to go, sentiment will go out the window and they'll pull the trigger. Same old mistakes it seems. 

As for today. We huffed and puffed but our passing in the final third and our finishing was shocking. How on earth did el ghazi hit the bar from 2 yards? 

mzjj.jpg

59 minutes ago, JustRich said:

I said at the time, a new 4 year contract at this stage of the season is absolutely bizarre. Wait until the end of the season. 

I guarantee if we're in the bottom three with ten games to go, sentiment will go out the window and they'll pull the trigger. Same old mistakes it seems. 

As for today. We huffed and puffed but our passing in the final third and our finishing was shocking. How on earth did el ghazi hit the bar from 2 yards? 

Getting very worried about Villa's chances of avoiding the drop.  Smith has spent a fortune on new signings on top of having Grealish and McGinn.  My question is why can a team like Sheffield United be performing to the level they are whilst we are struggling badly?

Very important set of fixtures coming up which will decide our future imo, fail to get points on the board and we will be in big trouble. 

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

EPL (Premier League), Sunday 08/12/2019 : Aston Villa 1-4 Leicester City

We have a long way to go to get to Leicester's level. It is ironic that on the day we remembered our most successful Manager, we stay out of the bottom 3 thanks to our previous Manager.

Attendance : 41,908 (SSN)

After this result AVFC's total Form Points fell from 38 to 36 ... that is, points after 38 games.
The maximum available is now 81 points, with 66 points left to play for.
AVFC are below par and 17th in the table, with 15 points and GD at -5 from 16 games.

Edited by Larry-AV
Update.

AVFC RFC SAFC