Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

ASTON VILLA 2-0 Newcastle

ASTON VILLA v Newcastle uNITED

Pre/post match chat, Live chat & Analysis

Newcastle v ASTON VILLA

Premier League - Matchday 13

Monday, 25th November 2019

Villa Park, Birmingham

20.00 Kick-Off

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Sure hope Jack is available for this-

-----would be really bittersweet if Steve Bruce----"done us" on his return to Villa Park.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Not an easy game and I don't doubt Brucie would like some payback for the way he was treated.

This and home games with Norwich and Southampton and an away game at Watford could see us deep in the shite or sitting pretty come the new year when hopefully we get a decent striker in.

13 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

Not an easy game and I don't doubt Brucie would like some payback for the way he was treated.

This and home games with Norwich and Southampton and an away game at Watford could see us deep in the shite or sitting pretty come the new year when hopefully we get a decent striker in.

Alternatively it could see us comfortably sitting mid-table 🙂

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

3 minutes ago, avstu said:

Alternatively it could see us comfortably sitting mid-table 🙂

If we can win the 4 games I mentioned very comfortably.

2 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

If we can win the 4 games I mentioned very comfortably.

All ifs and buts of course.

I do think that there has been a lot of negativity following the defeat to Wolves. We were not good enough and the manager stating the same. I am still confident of staying in the Premier League and I believe as fans we need to remain optimistic.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Just now, avstu said:

All ifs and buts of course.

I do think that there has been a lot of negativity following the defeat to Wolves. We were not good enough and the manager stating the same. I am still confident of staying in the Premier League and I believe as fans we need to remain optimistic.

Its certainly all ifs and buts but we have been close to taking something out of so many games.

What struck me about next month is that we play the 3 teams below us one after the other and have a real opportunity to put a serious gap between ourselves and the bottom 3.

Of course this is The Villa, doing ourselves a favour isn't in our DNA.

EPL (Premier League), Monday 25/11/2019 : Aston Villa v Newcastle United, KO 20:00 hours, SKY.

12/11/2019 : The return of the Bruce ... delayed by SKY, but nevertheless it will afford us the chance to compare the playing styles of our current and former Managers. I expect to see a win for AVFC and might have been conservative in my prediction.

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Aston Villa 2-0 Newcastle United

AVFC RFC SAFC

As far as i can recall Bruce never beat Deano a draw was the best result in our games whilst in the Championship-hopefully this trend continues.

VTID

• Like 1

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Would certainly make changes maybe even change the formation-

Hopefully the football Gods will smile on us and Jack will return,

Free kicks and corners are woeful Conor who i feel has been not given a fair crack should start in place of Ducker Luiz his goal threat has been missing too.

,Targett who looked miserably out of his depth replaced by Taylor or Hause,

Hopefully with Jack back SJM will revert to form provided he isnt exhausted by Scotland otherwise he needs a break.

Deano looked angry after Sunday and should follow it up by dropping the no shows before it becomes too late.

VTID

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png