Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

LC: ASTON VILLA v Wolves

ASTON VILLA v Wolves

Pre/post match chat, Live chat & Analysis

ASTON VILLA v Wolves

2019/20 League Cup Round Four

Wednesday, 30th October 2019

Villa Park, Birmingham

19.45 Kick-Off

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

This game feels so big..

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Love being a claret member as I still manage to get tickets to games like this. It's massive. My wolves supporting mates seem to think they'll rotate still. And it looks like Grealish is out which is a shame. But still should be electric 

mzjj.jpg

League Cup Round 4, Wednesday 30/10/2019 :

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers, KO 19:45 hours.

28/10/2019 : A local derby, a Cup-tie, form goes out of the window ... all the cliches. I hope it will be an entertaining and exciting game, with AVFC edging it, hence my prediction (below). 
Sod's Law says it will be 0-0 at Full Time, followed by penalties ... I hope not !

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Aston Villa 3-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers

AVFC RFC SAFC

playing wolves wont be as easy as some seem to think, they are still a good side and should be respected for it, to win this game, we need to play for 90+ minutes, and not just for the first 45 and then go to sleep, this is what we have been doing game after game, its about time that changed, let this game be the start of doing just that.

On 10/28/2019 at 11:50 AM, JustRich said:

Love being a claret member as I still manage to get tickets to games like this. It's massive. My wolves supporting mates seem to think they'll rotate still. And it looks like Grealish is out which is a shame. But still should be electric 

I think both sides will rotate still.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Hope we field a pretty strong team but absolutely bring a few fringe players in and rest one or two who may need it. 

Atmosphere should be electric, would like us to go for this and given their schedule with Europe you could forgive them for making a lot of changes.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

League Cup Round 4, Wednesday 30/10/2019 : Aston Villa 2-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

I should have gone with my default prediction for this, instead of being adventurous (!).
Anyway, no complaints about the result tonight, well done Lads.
The 5th Round (QF) draw is tomorrow.

Attendance : 34,962 (SSN)

AVFC RFC SAFC

had to miss this 1 had op to hand so made do with sky-was ok 

Good to get the win

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Good to see the fringe players got a run out.

very good result for us.

hopefully Colchester or Oxford at VP next.