Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Dimitri

SJM is gonni end up at Man utd

2 hours ago, markymark said:

Typifies the arrogance of Man Utd, why would he want to sign for them?, utter shambles and currently living off past glories with nothing in the present to point to future success.

I would expect clubs like Liverpool to be interested if he continues with his present form, rather than a rudderless team like Man Utd.

Unfortunately history suggests if a big club comes calling he will go, sadly.

Don't disagree with any of that Mark though I would add that not only has he recently signed a new ( 5 year I think ) contract but we kept hold of Barry and Benteke without the luxury of multi billionaire owners for longer than the players wanted to remain.

If he goes I expect it will only be at a time that suits us, for at least the next 18 months we need to keep hold of our best players while the club re-establishes itself in the PL.

3 minutes ago, Apollo said:

I personally feel that Man Utd will only become a giant again if they get bought out.

The current ownership have used the club as a profit to them. Yes they have invested, but they have taken a lot more money out of the club.

the continued decline of Man Utd will only see the income drop.

It just isn't a good move for anyone under the current regime.  

Their income is already dropping, I think the financial playing field in football is finally levelling out. No more top 4 who are virtually guaranteed CL football and TV revenue in the PL making a CL placing being the icing on the cake rather than the be all and end all.

Players will come and go.. Its what they do. Its how we replace him. And he wont go for cheap.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Is it just me that thinks united aren't a pull for players anymore? In the 90's and 00's if united wanted your player, you knew he was leaving. 

I don't feel that way anymore 

mzjj.jpg

On 10/16/2019 at 10:52 AM, JustRich said:

Is it just me that thinks united aren't a pull for players anymore? In the 90's and 00's if united wanted your player, you knew he was leaving. 

As long as they can pay big wages they will always be a big pull in my eyes.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

On 10/16/2019 at 10:52 AM, JustRich said:

I know what you mean especially with the world class players of today coming through like yer mbappe etc

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

On 10/18/2019 at 2:08 AM, Dimitri said:

I know what you mean especially with the world class players of today coming through like yer mbappe etc

I personally don't get the hype in some players. I am not the biggest fan of the likes of French and Spanish leagues.

So many players have come to England or even Germany and have failed to be successful but smash it in those leagues. Its partly why Ronaldo will always be above Messi for me.

• Upvote 1

Mellberg_Signature.png