Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Nathan Delfouneso (2006-2014)

Loyalvillan    584

A Leicester told me today that we can keep Fonzy!! says it all really! he has now joined the ranks of the Moore brothers,Julian Joachim and Darren Byfield as Forwards who promised so much but delivered so little!!

Joachim did not start his career at Villa but he still fell short of the mark when at one time he look the real deal!

avstu    216

I disagree Mac. I think Delfouneso has been on the scene for a few years now and has never really looked like a EPL player.

He will just be another 'failed prospect' of the Aston Villa Academy!

AnneMc    265

Delfouneso hasn't lived up to his promise so time to give young Weimann a proper go and see if he fares any better. He's young and probably as fearless as McClean or Oxlaide-Chamberlain so it's worth a try, surely?

avstu    216

I fully agree with Weimann even though what I have seen of him, he has done nothing to make me think he will do anything but I would be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Loyalvillan    584

all i said was give one of them ago

Weinmann has proved he deserves a shot in the first team with his reserve performances!! i mean, we are hardly blessed with options up front are we?

Nearly scored with his first and only touch against BBurn!

LaVillain    65

Weinmann has proved he deserves a shot in the first team with his reserve performances!! i mean, we are hardly blessed with options up front are we?

Nearly scored with his first and only touch against BBurn!

100% agree Loyal.Fonz hasn't lived up to expectations,Weimann deserves a decent crack,and not bought on in the 90th minute.I've heard he's good with his head as well,something I feel we have lacked up front for quite some time.

Fedup1    43

I'm all for giving weinmann a chance, as Loyal says who else have we got?

AnneMc    265

I'm all for giving weinmann a chance, as Loyal says who else have we got?

Yeah, give him a lash. I read today that Weimann's mother was a record-breaking hurdler so maybe he's the very boy to get over the bloody great hurdle that is McLeish...

avstu    216

No idea - would be in the best option for Villa if it was the later.

I didn't realise he signed until I sore him on the football league show the other night haha

B6!    631

A nice enough lad but won't cut it in the prem, good luck to him at Blackpool .

B6!    631

Hope this has something to do with maybe Ince coming to Villa later

that would be a good shout

villamad82    2

Ince is different class. Rumour has it up here a deal is already done for him nut don't know who with. I think Del boy will be ok if he can get a decent run in the team. He needs to play at a reasonable level regular to bring him on.

Ince will be an international soon enough he is quality and getting better under Ollie.

Ince is different class. Rumour has it up here a deal is already done for him nut don't know who with. I think Del boy will be ok if he can get a decent run in the team. He needs to play at a reasonable level regular to bring him on.

Ince will be an international soon enough he is quality and getting better under Ollie.

Rumours in the papers are that Newcastle tried to sign him but had a 4mil bid rejected deadline day.