Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Nathan Delfouneso (2006-2014)

avstu    216

Nathan-Delfouneso-006.jpg

Nathan Delfouneso 2008-14

Appearances: 50 Goals: 9

avstu    216

Hes made a couple of appearances for Villa now. Just wondering what everyones views are on the young lad?

Havent seen him in action yet but have heard nothing but good things, from what MON has been saying only a matter of time till we see him making regular first team appearences

avstu    216

What do you class as the next big thing tho?

Because Luke & Stefen Moore, Darius Vassell and Gabby Agbonlahor were all tipped to be the next 'big' thing and to be honest only Gabbys come close however his progress dosent seem to be continuing.

tbh all ive heard is that he is better than what gabby was at the same age so hopefully very promising....and i see were Stu is coming from that list comprised of a few players that were gonna be big but flopped so lets wait and see but at the moment i dont see gabby as a flop but he gotta knuckle down and get a bit of that lazyness out of him

hOltENdR    105

he has the potential to be a great name in the english game, gabby will also go on i think, i also wouldnt really say vassell was a 'flop' as such, his career has fell away abit over the last couple of years but tbf he has been unlucky with injuries but 10 or so caps for england 2 major international championships, i wouldnt say thats a player that has flopped, moore brothers on the other hand have to agree they flopped no doubt about it.

Nathan Delfouneso looks good to me. His goal against MSK Zilina was a bullet volley and he is a big strong lad.

So good luck Nathan who is a villa fan (i have heard)!

avstu    216

Yeah i would rather he came of the bench or even started than Harewood.

Fedup1    43

Players young player of the year and supporters young player of the year of 2008-2009 as voted by avfc.co.uk

Well Done Nathan!

Good enough back then but not improved at all since