Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Norwich 1-5 ASTON VILLA

4-0 now blimey!! Jack and Conor------brillyyant!!

VTID---------

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

5-0  Luiz    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

• 'Match of the day', bring it on.  👏

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

EPL (Premier League), Saturday 05/10/2019 : Norwich City 1-5 Aston Villa

This excellent result should have been 6-0 rather than 5-1 ... a saved penalty with the follow-up missed and a gifted consolation goal to Norwich ... but I am not complaining. Let this be the first of many results like this. Q5dhogE.jpg

Attendance : 27,045 (SSN)

AVFC RFC SAFC

Watched the 2nd half on line....

Excellent result, good performance where the biggest difference for me was we were clinical for once and Norwich were not, largely due to us not gifting them anything. At least not until the 87th minute.

UTV

What a great win today, delighted for Smith. It all came together so well and fair play to Wesley making a lot of us eat our words with a superb display, that's the hunger, finishing and hold up play we want to see.

I also think Hourihane deserves a special mention,  the team has improved greatly and looks much more balanced since his return. Goal, assist and won a peno today, he always comes up with big moments that win games yet some Villa fans moan about him "not dictating". It also seems to have free'd Grealish up, delighted to see him score too and he's such a wonderful player to watch. 

Targett has also made a big difference, hopefully he can stay injury free and continue to progress.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

2 hours ago, Dublin Villain said:

What a great win today, delighted for Smith. It all came together so well and fair play to Wesley making a lot of us eat our words with a superb display, that's the hunger, finishing and hold up play we want to see.

I also think Hourihane deserves a special mention,  the team has improved greatly and looks much more balanced since his return. Goal, assist and won a peno today, he always comes up with big moments that win games yet some Villa fans moan about him "not dictating". It also seems to have free'd Grealish up, delighted to see him score too and he's such a wonderful player to watch. 

Targett has also made a big difference, hopefully he can stay injury free and continue to progress.

Fully agree am well pleased for em all but more so for Deano Wes Jack and Hourihane----it really boils my p*** to hear "fans" expressing their so so expert opinions about players--do they actually watch the full game? and off the ball contributions??anyway enough negative stuff--

i reckon this formation with one "winger" really suits us well---allowing Jack to be where he is best--in the oppositions half. 

Well done Deano and all----the weekend aint ruined!!!

VTID

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

What a result. Going forwards things seem to click but what a difference having a striker who can hold up a ball can make. Brilliant from Wesley.

If i was to have one complaint it would be the defending. For the first 10-15 minutes and then the final 10 minutes we looked poor at the back. As much as I like him also, a lot of the problems seem to step from Mings.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, avstu said:

What a result. Going forwards things seem to click but what a difference having a striker who can hold up a ball can make. Brilliant from Wesley.

If i was to have one complaint it would be the defending. For the first 10-15 minutes and then the final 10 minutes we looked poor at the back. As much as I like him also, a lot of the problems seem to step from Mings.

Mings has many great qualities but he has dropped a few clangers.

Despite his age injuries mean he still doesn't have much game time, and very little at this level. Hopefully he'll wise up sooner rather than later regarding when to play it and when to whack it into row z.

EPL (Premier League), Saturday 05/10/2019 : Norwich City 1-5 Aston Villa

06/10/2019 : Once again I have had to wait to see how the Sunday games would affect AVFC before preparing my analysis. Our superb win yesterday has boosted AVFC's Form Points substantially.

After this result AVFC's total Form Points rose from 27 to 38 ... that is, points after 38 games.
The maximum available is still 98 points, with 90 points left to play for.
AVFC are below par and 15th in the table, with 8 points and GD at +1 from 8 games.

AVFC RFC SAFC