Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

ASTON VILLA 2-2 Burnley

ASTON VILLA vs Burnley

Pre/post match chat, Live chat & Analysis

Aston Villa v Burnley

2019/20 Premier League - Matchday 8

Saturday, 28th September 2019

Villa Park, Birmingham

15.00 Kick-Off

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Looking forward to this one as me and the boy are attending.

hopefully can push on from tonight’s result.

Hope Hourihane starts for this one, he deserves it and he adds another dimension to our game. Must win

• Upvote 1

mzjj.jpg

Hopefully last nights win will be a boost for everyone----reckon Hourihane definately needs to start --made one scored one---but more importantly he is sorely missed at dead ball kicks---

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

EPL (Premier League), Saturday 28/09/2019 : Aston Villa v Burnley, KO 15:00 hours.

26/09/2019 : I hope Saturday will see AVFC carry on from the win at Brighton with another ... we certainly need to !

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Aston Villa 3-1 Burnley

AVFC RFC SAFC

About as close to a must win as you can get at this stage of the season, ditto the upcoming games against Norwich and Brighton considering what awaits us after those games we need points now before we get cut adrift.

Was talking with my mates today and I would really consider dropping the wingers and lining up with something like this:

Taylor/Targett ---- Engels --- Mings --- Guilbert

Marvelous

Hourihane -- Luiz -- McGinn

Grealish

Wesley

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, avstu said:

Was talking with my mates today and I would really consider dropping the wingers and lining up with something like this:

Marvelous

Grealish

Wesley

Looks good to me---lets face it the wingers and weve had 2 of the 3 in every league start---havent really pushed up the roses,i reckon a change of formation is needed---and Hourihane imo is sorely missed,and deserves a start.Jack is far far more dangerous to the opposition in a forward role-

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

15 hours ago, avstu said:

Marvelous

Grealish

Wesley

I'd sacrifice the position you have Marv in for a second striker, I know its a bit of a cliché but attack is the best form of defence.

We can't counter effectively because we aren't clinical enough, we sit too deep and invite pressure. If Wesley wasn't so isolated we might keep the ball in the opposition half a lot more.

just heard Deano on WM-----Could have been a red herring--but can,t see Hourihane starting nor a change to the 433 system,-

just hope Burnley dont get a player sent off, and the Boyz in Claret and Blue,s stamina lasts the full game,

Come On You Lions---

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png