Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Arsenal 3-2 Aston Villa

Arsenal v Aston Villa

ARSENAL v ASTON VILLA

Pre/post match chat, Live chat & Analysis

Arsenal v Aston Villa

2019/20 Premier League - Matchday 7

Sunday, 22nd September 2019

The Emirates, London

16.30 Kick-Off

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

EPL (Premier League), Sunday 22/09/2019 : Arsenal v Aston Villa, KO 16:30 hours.

17/09/2019 : We are playing on Sunday due to Arsenal being in the Europa League.

As ever I hope to see a win for AVFC, but will in this instance go for a draw ... thinking of Queen Victoria and the Crimean War. Q5dhogE.jpg

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Arsenal 1-1 Aston Villa

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Interesting this one. I believe we have the ability to beat Arsenal but it all depends on how we approach the game.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Defensively they're not the greatest. But we'll have to be on top form to stop them from scoring with who they've got up front. We used to have a decent record at the Emirates so here's hoping we change the system. Wingers aren't working atm however we can really damage them from set pieces

mzjj.jpg

On 9/19/2019 at 7:09 AM, JustRich said:

Defensively they're not the greatest. But we'll have to be on top form to stop them from scoring with who they've got up front. We used to have a decent record at the Emirates so here's hoping we change the system. Wingers aren't working atm however we can really damage them from set pieces

I really think there is a chance to make a statement here. Yes they are strong up top but they arent the same without Lacazette.

Our problem is goals and there is no better defence to try and get some attacking confidence against.

Mellberg_Signature.png

I was reading an article a few days back that said that so far this season Arsenal had conceded 120 shots at their goal, they also threw away a 2 goal lead against Watford last week.

I still think anything from this will be a bonus but I expect us to get plenty of chances.

36 minutes ago, avstu said:

I really think there is a chance to make a statement here. Yes they are strong up top but they arent the same without Lacazette.

Our problem is goals and there is no better defence to try and get some attacking confidence against.

Definitely. Need Hourihane on to make those set pieces count and I'm fully confident we'd score

mzjj.jpg

same team so i imagine same 433 formation----wingers better cover back--we dont want no more Mings/ AEL confrontations!--- except Trez in for Jota----Luiz not in the 18- !! Conor on bench again---as such cant see us being a threat from corners nor free kicks--hope i,m wrong--

Come On You LIONS----

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

i think today we will find out what sort of team we really are, and i expect no surprises to be honest

Smith deserves sh*t for this game tonight. Shocking game management. Why are we so f**cking deep? Nobody bar Mings and Heaton are telling them to push further uo. You could see from the 46th minute thst Arsenal weren't going to lie down but they were suspect at the back. El Ghazi bar his one cross has been poor. Hasn't tracked back enough. Guilbert can f*ck off. How people think he's any good is beyond me. For one of their goals he looked left, saw the man he was supposed to be marking, and still continued to leave him unmarked. Dogshit. Subs have come far too late as well. Why wait until we're 3-2 down? Poor management. 

Wesley bar his goal has been dogshit as well. Lazy. The amount of times he's laid the ball off and then just stopped, and not bothered to run into the box? He's supposed to be a f**cking striker ffs? 

This result has pissed me off more than any other this season now. Because we've just allowed them to win. May as well have not bothered turning up in the second half. Down to ten men and it looked like WE had the disadvantage

mzjj.jpg