Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Yew Tree re-opens

Yew Tree re-opens

YewTree1.jpg

The Yew Tree pub in Witton has celebrated Aston Villa’s return to the Premier League with a re-vamp. The pub, a 10-minute walk from Villa Park has reopened as a sports bar and hopes to offer fans the ‘ultimate sports viewing experience’.

The Yew Tree has received significant investment and aims to become the go-to sports bar for local supporters to watch sport.

Read full story

Does anyone usually use the Yew Tree? Or will you be giving it a go?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

12/09/2019 : The Yew Tree is more of a 20 minute walk to Villa Park than 10 minutes.

I have used The Yew Tree in the past, but I never liked the beer. It was one of those pubs involved in the London-West Midlands brewery swap and went from Ansells (iirc) to John Courage. Most folks up here (and in London too) know what is said about that beer ! 

They got rid of the John Courage years back, but I do not know what beer they are serving now. I have looked online today but have found nothing about what beer (not lager) is served.

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

On 9/12/2019 at 2:37 PM, Larry-AV said:

12/09/2019 : The Yew Tree is more of a 20 minute walk to Villa Park than 10 minutes.

I have used The Yew Tree in the past, but I never liked the beer. It was one of those pubs involved in the London-West Midlands brewery swap and went from Ansells (iirc) to John Courage. Most folks up here (and in London too) know what is said about that beer ! 

They got rid of the John Courage years back, but I do not know what beer they are serving now. I have looked online today but have found nothing about what beer (not lager) is served.

Only takes me 10 minutes. Walked there plenty of times over the years. The last time i went though they didnt accept card and between five lads we had about £3.50 between us in cash 😂

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

40 minutes ago, avstu said:

Only takes me 10 minutes. Walked there plenty of times over the years. The last time i went though they didnt accept card and between five lads we had about £3.50 between us in cash

I thought about the time as I posted it, Stu. I suppose it depends on how fast one can walk (or maybe stagger !).

It looks like you and your mates were spared their crap beer by that no card policy. smartass-smiley-face.gif

AVFC RFC SAFC

38 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

I thought about the time as I posted it, Stu. I suppose it depends on how fast one can walk (or maybe stagger !).

It looks like you and your mates were spared their crap beer by that no card policy. smartass-smiley-face.gif

Haha possibly. We were going to try it on Monday but it was empty when we went past around 5pm.

Mellberg_Signature.png