Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
wallerstein28

Villa voted the 6th best English club in history

Villa voted the 6th best English club in history

In this ranking.

Liverpool is #1, Manchester United #2.

Aston Villa is neck and neck with Manchester City, which has done better in recent years but still has fewer Premier Leagues to their name. What do you think?

Newcastle above villa? All credibility lost...

Edit* Uefa Europa league winners for Villa? come on 

Guessing this list is live? Man Utd 1st now

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

no way should Newcastle be above villa,i can maybe understand Chelsea now as they've won the European cup & couple of UEFA cups but it was all bought so villa should really be above them aswell,dont get leeds either

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

I think everyone has covered it. Newcastle above Villa is embarrassing.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

3 hours ago, avstu said:

I think everyone has covered it. Newcastle above Villa is embarrassing.

even leeds,leeds are a historic English club doing well in the early 70s,but when you win the EC/CL it puts you in that elite group,nottingham forrest should be in the top10 tbf

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

On 9/28/2019 at 1:12 PM, Dimitri said:

even leeds,leeds are a historic English club doing well in the early 70s,but when you win the EC/CL it puts you in that elite group,nottingham forrest should be in the top10 tbf

I wouldn't argue against that.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

The simple way to define historic would be trophies won but if you look at how the premier league has made winning trophies almost a certainty for some for much of its 26 years I'm not convinced that can be the only measure.

I don't deny my bias but if you go back to 1993 I think only Liverpool had won more than Aston Villa and although a few rich clubs have surpassed us during the era of money being king none of them were founder members of the football league, which is why Accrington Stanley and Notts County are historic clubs and Birmingham City are not.

I doubt I need remind anyone on here that only one club in world football can claim to be the club that started the 1st football league, that's pretty damned historic.

There was a time we could claim to be the biggest club on the planet and although we've been overtaken by a few for me there are 5 clubs that stand head and shoulders above the rest in terms of place in history....Aston Villa, Everton, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd.

• Like 1