Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Aston Villa 0-0 West Ham

I think the wasted passes come from a side still trying to gel. Marvelous gave away 3-4 passes but i liked how quick and active he was. I am hopefull that once he settles he could be something really special.

ATM i believe Davis offers us more than Wesley up top but at the same time we didnt create anywhere near enough for the strikers. Our wingers are offering us very little at the moment. We had the situation with Mings and El Ghazi but Jota was just as poor defensively for me.

We have to take the positives of another clean sheet and a point on the board. We move on and go again.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I think its time to drop the wingers.  Move Jota/ Hourihane in the middle and use our full backs. 

Play the 4-2-3-1 and use Guilbert and Targett much more with Luiz and Marvelous covering.  I know Taylor has played well but hes not offering any attacking threat and looks lost in the final third with the wingers.  Last night all threat only came from the right.  

This will move  Grealish/Jota/Hourihane closer to Wes who just absolutely looks lost once he gets the ball.  

From what I've seen I agree with most of the other comments, too many stray passes and very little offered from the wings or by Wesley, you could make a case for Wesley not getting much service and too often being isolated but he's missed some decent chances.

5 games in we and we should/could have got something from every game. My worry is if we don't start getting some wins confidence will drop.

12 hours ago, freddy said:

Can anyone shed a light on why Declan Rice applauded The Holte End at the final whistle? I cant recall any opposing players doing this,Barry Bannan excepted and he has worn The Claret and  Blue.

Incindentally i thought he was their best player,and csn see why Southgate enthuses about the lad.

Tweet from Rice after the game "Thank you. Got to say, stadium atmosphere was brilliant. Great set of fans. Passionate 👍"

Game wasnt the best, my prediction of a goal fest was on point 😄 i'll go back to my corner... Dont see why we left it so late to put the pressure on, waited til injury time before we really started to turn the screw, even 10 minutes before might of given them a problem. Still, a point is welcomed, kept Anderson and Co quiet, dont remember Heaton being troubled.

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

30 minutes ago, hOltENdR said:

Tweet from Rice after the game "Thank you. Got to say, stadium atmosphere was brilliant. Great set of fans. Passionate 👍"

Game wasnt the best, my prediction of a goal fest was on point 😄 i'll go back to my corner... Dont see why we left it so late to put the pressure on, waited til injury time before we really started to turn the screw, even 10 minutes before might of given them a problem. Still, a point is welcomed, kept Anderson and Co quiet, dont remember Heaton being troubled.

Thanks for sorting that one man---makes sense now---full respect for the lad--refreshing to see an opposing player acknowledge us--makes a change to some of the gestures we often get----ala Troy Deeney  Alan Armstrong,etc etc,

when you think of the money Hammers have spent on Anderson,Haller,and Yarmolenko---it hits home how well we defended---reckon the only time Heaton was troubled was from Taylors headed attempt,

VTID----

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

On 9/17/2019 at 8:35 AM, freddy said:

Can anyone shed a light on why Declan Rice applauded The Holte End at the final whistle? I cant recall any opposing players doing this,Barry Bannan excepted and he has worn The Claret and  Blue.

Incindentally i thought he was their best player,and csn see why Southgate enthuses about the lad.

Only thing I can think of mate is that he nearly moved to us, apparently, and wanted the move to go ahead. 

He also praised the atmosphere in an interview after the game. Either way, much respect

mzjj.jpg

Crikey what a nice change from an opposition player!!have to say i thought he had a good game-as Rich says much respect both ways.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png