Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Aston Villa 0-0 West Ham

I look at our fixture list, especially in and around November and this game looks a must win, I worry about Snodgrass, he'll get a good reception but lets not make him feel too good about himself eh? 😂 seen some on the facebook groups asking if we should sing his song

id take a scrappy 1-0, have a feeling we might see a few goals? havent seen much of west ham to predict how they'll approach it... but seeing there recent games, hammered by Man City, beat Norwich who beat City, I gave up guessing results years ago

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

what can i say? oh yes, woeful, 2 woeful sides, neither deserving a win i cannot name a player that deserved credit, and to make it worse, for half an hour it was against 10 men, god help us when we play a proper team like arsenal, up the f**cking villa. 

EPL (Premier League), Monday 16/09/2019 : Aston Villa 0-0 West Ham United

Nothing to report on this game. At least we did not lose and rise to 17th. Arsenal away next Sunday.

Attendance : 42,010 (SSN)

I followed the game on Radio 5, but that was background to my reading a Twitter thread about the RNLI. The Daily Mail had published an article attacking the RNLI (!) ... it was good to see the overwhelming majority of posters supporting the RNLI against the Daily Mail, aka Daily Fail and Daily Heil !

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Very disappointing, we need to be winning matches like that if we're to stay up. The game was there for the taking but we played with fear and nervousness.

No cutting edge upfront and Wesley isn't doing enough. 

I'm bewildered that Hourihane continues to be overlooked, would have been perfect to introduce in this game. Subs were far too late.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Too many passes going astray from too many players--Marvellous looks like he could be useful---what was that clash between Tyrone and Anwar?--hope its sorted-----------free kicks wasted fully agree with Dublin---Hourihane is being missed--

not sure about Jota---Wesley was,nt supported and Jack whether by choice or by orders is far far too deep--still a point is a point--

have to say thought the West Ham lad was a tad unlucky to get a red---could well get overturned on appeal----Declan Rice looks a decent player

but said to Joe-Boy-----seemed like we had 10 men and they had 12!!-

nice reception for Snoddy and nice touch fro him to applaud The Holte End--

Good to see Anne again---we dust ourselves and go again--

VTID--------------

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

17/09/2019 : My analysis after last night's game, we need to get the Form Points above 40 ... a.s.a.p. !

After this result AVFC's total Form Points rose from 29 to 30 ... that is, points after 38 games.
The maximum available is now 103 points, with 99 points left to play for.
AVFC are below par and 17th in the table, with 4 points and GD at -2 from 5 games.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Really frustrating game. Feel like we carried too many players last night. Jota was crap. Anwar was crap, ok he improved slightly in the second half, but not enough. Grealish was wasteful and dailied on the ball far too often. Wes didn't get any service. 

I see a load of people saying Guilbert had a good game - does nobody see the amount of space he leaves? If we were playing man city or Liverpool and gave thst much space away we'd get demolished and I'm not even joking. 5+ goals easily. 

Our biggest strength last year was set pieces, and this season it's one of our weakest? Chuck Hourihane on and sack the wingers off against Arsenal. Their defence is their weak point, especially from set plays.

mzjj.jpg

Can anyone shed a light on why Declan Rice applauded The Holte End at the final whistle? I cant recall any opposing players doing this,Barry Bannan excepted and he has worn The Claret and  Blue.

Incindentally i thought he was their best player,and csn see why Southgate enthuses about the lad.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

What a bore fest that was!

our wingers are too weak.

Wes had two glorious chances which he wasted.

So many wasted passes!

I’m now beginning to worry.

Cant understand why so many were wasting passes---Jack, jota, AEL Marvellous,McGinn,Taylor even Engels gave a hospital ball to Guilbert, 

I would certainly think about giving the "wingers" a rest and give Conor,a much needed run,--for dead ball kicks and chance of banging one in alone hes worth a place,---Wes needs someone closer to him---a worry is Davis apart we have no back up- for Wesley--Kodjia being injured again,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png