Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Crystal Palace 1-0 Aston Villa

CRYSTAL PALACE v ASTON VILLA

Pre/post match chat, Live chat & Analysis

Crystal Palace v Aston Villa

2019/20 Premier League - Matchday 5

Saturday, 31st August

Selhurst Park, London

15.00 Kick-Off

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Posted (edited)

31/08/2019 : HT 0-0 : Guess who forgot to put in a prediction for this game ?! dtByDoV.gif

Edited by Larry-AV
Formatting

AVFC RFC SAFC

Worst performance of the season but absolute robbery from Kevin Friend. He should be dropped immediately and Villa should make an official complaint. 

Really bitter pill to swallow, absolutely disgraceful decision from Friend but he'll be delighted that he was the centre of attention again. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Posted (edited)

EPL (Premier League), Saturday 31/08/2019 : Crystal Palace 1-0 Aston Villa

I would not have predicted this score (if I had remembered to predict !) and would have gone for a draw, which is how this match should have finished. That it did not was due to a refereeing error apparently, Grealish being booked for 'diving' just before Lansbury equalised Ayew's opener for Palace. Our goal was disallowed and we lost, no thanks to Mr Friend, who had earlier sent off Trezeguet for a 2nd yellow card.

Attendance : 25,248 (BBC)

Edited by Larry-AV
Attendance.

AVFC RFC SAFC

thats now twice that i can recall this particular attention seeking ref has "done us"  and both concerning Jack!  that f++++++g stomp at Wembley by Ryan Fredericks on Jacks thigh -right under his dam nose and now this---both Garth Crooks and the former Arsenal girl i forgot her name agree that the goal should stand--

Villa should lodge an official complaint --coz he clearly dont like Jack nor us --AND request that he handles NO more of our games and is nowhere near one----blimey i thought they were bad in the Championship!!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Posted (edited)

31/08/2019 : Today has reminded me of Mr Friend being involved in controversy in previous AVFC games.
AVF posts from my notepad :

#215242 Chelsea 2 Aston Villa 1
Posted by Larry-AV on 23/08/2013, A minute ago in The Big Match
Once again it was Aston Villa against a London team and its 'Friend'.
No disgrace in this defeat, the only ones who should be ashamed are Ivanovic, Terry and their 'Friend'.
The OG was Sod's Law, as was Chelsea's winner, considering who scored it !!! cursing.gif
Crisp pass from Gabby to Benteke, who did very well with his goal. Keep banging them in !  thumbup.gif

Season 2013-2014 : Aug    21    Wed    A    02    Chelsea        1-2    L

#189159 Aston Villa V Qpr
Posted by Larry-AV on 16/03/2013, A minute ago in The Big Match
Entertaining game with the right result - good view from T1, first time I've been there, I'll use it again.
Were we playing against 12 men today - or 11 plus a 'friend' ?

Season 2012-2013 : Mar    16    SAT    H    30    Q P Rangers    3-2    W

Edited by Larry-AV
Formatting.

AVFC RFC SAFC

2 hours ago, freddy said:

thats now twice that i can recall this particular attention seeking ref has "done us"  and both concerning Jack!  that f++++++g stomp at Wembley by Ryan Fredericks on Jacks thigh -right under his dam nose and now this---both Garth Crooks and the former Arsenal girl i forgot her name agree that the goal should stand--

Villa should lodge an official complaint --coz he clearly dont like Jack nor us --AND request that he handles NO more of our games and is nowhere near one----blimey i thought they were bad in the Championship!!!

Lambert and put in a complaint about him when he was our manager as well. 

He smirked when he gave the yellow. He's a pr*ck. Never in a million years a dive,  he got fouled twice!! Even linekar stuck up for us and we all know how much he hates us. Cannot believe we've been done with this and var didn't even get used for it. What's the point in VAR?

mzjj.jpg

Can’t believe the ref did us like that at the end of the game! 

That smirk really boils my **** its like a naughty school boy knowing he,s done wrong!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

The sun has posted a story that our fans clashed with police in the stadium.