Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Are you worried?

On 9/2/2019 at 10:03 PM, JustRich said:

Next 5 games we have wet spam, Brighton and Burnley at home. Those imo are absolutely must win. 

Norwich away is also winnable. I know on paper that's easier said than done but..

It is difficult because there as so many positives to take BUT we are conceeding goals which is an issue.

I keep thinking, should we change formation? I feel we are so open the way we play at the moment.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

4 hours ago, avstu said:

It is difficult because there as so many positives to take BUT we are conceeding goals which is an issue.

I keep thinking, should we change formation? I feel we are so open the way we play at the moment.

Was discussing this with my mate during the palace game. Our wingers are fairly ineffective right now, okay Jota got an assist but other than that? 

I'd be tempted to push Jack further up just behind wes, scrap the wingers all together and have 3 cb's and 3 cm's with wing backs providing the width. That way we could start all three of McGinn, Luiz and Hourihane (for set pieces) 

mzjj.jpg

^^^ Was thinking along these lines myself-we are being overrun in midfield,and do seem to be a bit weak there-ive said it a zillion times Hourihane is the only exponent of the dead ball that we have and a spot needs to be found fir him strewth look at the wasted free kicks and silly pitty patty corners that dont get past the first man to date,ive been disappointed with the wingers so far and believe its time for a change-Jack,s art is attacking he is not a defender look at how Ayew exposed this fact,he needs to be where he will be most effective in the opponents half of the field,be it 5-3-2 or 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1 or some other formation a change imo is now needed.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

On 9/4/2019 at 11:49 PM, JustRich said:

Was discussing this with my mate during the palace game. Our wingers are fairly ineffective right now, okay Jota got an assist but other than that? 

I'd be tempted to push Jack further up just behind wes, scrap the wingers all together and have 3 cb's and 3 cm's with wing backs providing the width. That way we could start all three of McGinn, Luiz and Hourihane (for set pieces) 

Seen a few say something similar now.

So a 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation..

Engels  -- Mings -- Konsa/Hause

Guilbert -------------------------------------- Taylor

McGinn -- Luiz -- Hourihane

Grealish

Wesley

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

2 hours ago, avstu said:

Seen a few say something similar now.

So a 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation..

Engels  -- Mings -- Konsa/Hause

Guilbert -------------------------------------- Taylor

McGinn -- Luiz -- Hourihane

Grealish

Wesley

Worth a try I think. We'd have a bit more about us in midfield 

mzjj.jpg

On 9/7/2019 at 11:57 AM, JustRich said:

Worth a try I think. We'd have a bit more about us in midfield 

Possibly. At the moment I feel that the midfield is our weakness.

Mellberg_Signature.png

2 hours ago, avstu said:

Possibly. At the moment I feel that the midfield is our weakness.

Bizarre isn't it with such good players available. But it's definitely the combination we need to get right. 

I feel like our threat from set pieces has diminished this year, when last year it was one of our strong points

mzjj.jpg

22 hours ago, JustRich said:

Bizarre isn't it with such good players available. But it's definitely the combination we need to get right. 

I feel like our threat from set pieces has diminished this year, when last year it was one of our strong points

A lot of clubs seem to obsessed by playing these set pieces to the near post. We seem to have gone down that route. We didnt do that last year.

Mellberg_Signature.png

39 minutes ago, avstu said:

A lot of clubs seem to obsessed by playing these set pieces to the near post. We seem to have gone down that route. We didnt do that last year.

Should always play to your strengths I think, especially when newly promoted

mzjj.jpg