Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Are you worried?

Are you worried?

Two defeats from two games this season so far. Are you worried or have you seen enough to think that we will be OK and the first win is just around the corner?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Concern is why hasnt DS played the team that did well in pre season.  Why change it for the start of the PL?  

I can understand, he wants the team that finished in EPL but they didnt play much in pre-season.

Not buying a proven goal scorer is now major concern.  Wesley has been very poor and every cross that came to him he hasnt won any at all.   How will we get the goals?

Am a bit concerned about being out muscled and overrun in midfield and lack of firepower up front,im hoping Marvellous will help with the former;but at whose expense?and am not convinced about AEL Trez &Wesley so far they havent created much,i,d have preferred it if we had brought Robinson back,Blades got a gud n there.-i guess only time will tell.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Worried no, concerned yes.

In another topic I suggested  we needed another winger and striker, this area already appears to be a problem.

Wesley appears to be struggling and unfortunately there doesn't appear to be an alternative, Kodjia is injury prone (currently out injured) and has no prior PL experience.  Leaving Davis as the only other option, who has the same issues as Kodjia.  The same situation applies to the wingers where Jota is the only other option to either Trez or El G.

Losing at home to Bournemouth was massive, we need to be banking three points against these teams.

I'm concerned management have not recruited accordingly to have sufficient competition in these areas. 

Going to have to hope as they play together more they improve on the goal scoring front.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Despite many positives you could take from both games it's hard not to worry. Wesley upfront is very concerning so far but I feel it might come together for him. A goal could give him a great boost. 

Jota being next in line on the wing really worries me,  he looked way out of his depth in his two cameos and not the bright player who did so well in pre-season.

Some silly errors aside like Heaton at the weekend I feel our defence has been pretty solid and will come good. Heaton, Engles and Mings looks really solid. Going forward from midfield it just doesn't seem quite right yet and we need to address this pretty fast. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

I wonder if we would benefit by bringing in another midfielder and then play Trezeguet off Wesley could work?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

As everyone else has said, I'm concerned but not worried, yet. 

My main concern is where the foals are going to come from,  as I said when Wes signed - He isn't a prolific goalscorer. He went 3 months without a goal in Brugge and looks out of his depth here so far. 

Haven't been overly impressed with El Ghazi or Jota (when he comes on). Trezeguet has done ok. But he's not tearing up trees or anything. 

We've been unlucky in both games as well don't forget, so we are due some luck 

mzjj.jpg

5 minutes ago, JustRich said:

My main concern is where the foals are going to come from,  as I said when Wes signed - He isn't a prolific goalscorer. He went 3 months without a goal in Brugge and looks out of his depth here so far. 

Haven't been overly impressed with El Ghazi or Jota (when he comes on). Trezeguet has done ok. But he's not tearing up trees or anything. 

They come from the mummy horse.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

1 hour ago, markymark said:

😂 doh! Bloody phone

mzjj.jpg

10 hours ago, markymark said:

On the ball there 😂

10 hours ago, JustRich said:

Seriously I have to agree. I can't help but think that Smith has some real faith in Wesley to not bring someone else in. 

Would anyone consider a pay as you play deal for Daniel Sturridge?

Mellberg_Signature.png