Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Aston Villa 2-0 Everton

Aston Villa v Everton

ASTON VILLA vs EVERTON

Pre/post match chat, Live chat & Analysis

Aston Villa v Everton

2019/20 Premiership - Matchday 3

Friday, 23rd August

Villa Park, Birmingham

20.00 Kick-Off

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Conor needs recalling i thought the free kicks and corners were very poor on saturday corners were failing to beat the first player and the tippy tappy ones were completely ineffective and any,free kicks were wasted,he is worth his place for dead ball kicks alone,maybe alongside Luiz at the expense of AEL?

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

12 hours ago, freddy said:

Conor needs recalling i thought the free kicks and corners were very poor on saturday corners were failing to beat the first player and the tippy tappy ones were completely ineffective and any,free kicks were wasted,he is worth his place for dead ball kicks alone,maybe alongside Luiz at the expense of AEL?

I was surprised he was dropped if I am being honest. I wasn't overly convinced by Luiz but it seems like i was the minority with that thought.

I wouldnt be against a midfield like this:

Luiz

McGinn     Hourihane      Grealish

Trezeguet

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I was gutted to see Connor dropped. I thought he worked his backside off against spurs. 

Douglas looked like a good prospect, but Connor carries experience.

1 hour ago, avstu said:

I was surprised he was dropped if I am being honest. I wasn't overly convinced by Luiz but it seems like i was the minority with that thought.

I wouldnt be against a midfield like this:

Luiz

McGinn     Hourihane      Grealish

Trezeguet

i,d go with that-----to me Connor does,nt get the credit he deserves---a lot of what he does seems to go unnoticed--i said saturday he reminds me very much of Frank Carrodus----as i said previously is worth his place for dead ball kicks alone---

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

20 hours ago, freddy said:

i,d go with that-----to me Connor does,nt get the credit he deserves---a lot of what he does seems to go unnoticed--i said saturday he reminds me very much of Frank Carrodus----as i said previously is worth his place for dead ball kicks alone---

His work rate his brilliant. Its so easy to overlook a busybody

Mellberg_Signature.png

Posted (edited)

EPL (Premier League), Friday 23/08/2019 : Aston Villa v Everton, KO 20:00 hours, SKY.

21/08/2019 : If a virus-free stream becomes available I will post the link.

Prediction (in Prediction League), made on 19/08/2019 : Aston Villa 2-1 Everton

Edited by Larry-AV
Formatting.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Unfortunately can't see this one ending well for us, if I was a betting man I would put my money on an Everton win.

Getting anything from this will be a bonus IMO.

Fingers crossed.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger