Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth

What a massive game, sets the tone for the season ahead. 

For me this is a must win match, get us up and running. 

Villa to win, 2 - 0

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

EPL (Premier League), Saturday 17/08/2019 : Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth

Christmas form by the looks of it, giving away a penalty in the 1st minute. A Luiz error enabled Bournemouth's 2nd, although he atoned for that by scoring in the 2nd half. So no home win at Villa Park today and at the cricket, England are not doing too well either. One of those days !

Attendance : 40,996 (SSN)

AVFC RFC SAFC

Bad result. 

On this evidence it's going to be a long season. 

Hopefully we can get something from Everton. 

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Can see the usually negative fans in the stands again. Had one in front of me moan at me today. 

If we replayed this game without the bad luck we'd win. Atkinson was shocking. They should've been down to ten. Their pen was suspect as it was going out. 

Had more than enough chances to win. Keep the faith,  it'll come

mzjj.jpg

thought championship refs were bad---but Atkinson was awful---Billing commits 3 yellow card offences 2 within a minute and gets 1 yellow???-----Howe made the decision for him substituting Billing at half time---

thought the ball was going out--cant understand why Heaton clatterered the player--and the second was a gift--from Luiz, the deflection gave Heaton no chance--

we played some nice stuff 2nd half---cracking goal from Luiz-nicely set up by Jack--but i could.nt see an equaliser

,----i reckon 4-4-2 would suit us better until we cn adjust to the physicality and demands of the Premiership----midfield gets a bit overrun, and Wesley needs to find his feet -----sooner rather than later--

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Drove up today feeling we had this one in the bag.

giving a penalty away so early was a killer.

second goal was lucky due to the deflection.

i feel that we were switched off for the first 20 minutes.

we are lacking up front though, and I can’t see our wingers beating an egg, let alone a man....

^^^^^^ have to say i were,nt overly impressed with all 3 wingers---and wonder how many goals will be created/scored by them---thats why at the moment  i,d be inclined to go with 4-4-2---- dont reckon Andre Green will be away at Preston for too long.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

I always felt with all the changes we might endure a difficult start to the season. It's so important everyone sticks with the team even if we have another few tough days and I felt the fans were very good and got behind the team, it came across that way anyway apart from the few usual moaners in the stands JustRich mentions.

Giving away such an early goal really was a killer and we looked rattled. The second goal was also a shocker to give away and we need to cut out these silly errors as you don't get away with them at this level.

We played some good stuff and I couldn't fault the effort and commitment from the team, great goal from Luiz but we seemed to have run out of steam and never looked like getting a second goal.

Wesley upfront is a concern so far and I know he's only a sub but Jota looks way out of his depth at this level, I was surprised to see him come on after the Spurs match. 

I couldn't fault the commitment and effort in either match but until we get our first points it's hard not to be a little concerned. 

Finally the ref had a shocker, how Billings wasn't sent off was mind boggling and even after checking it on VAR. I also forgot how sh*t match of the day was while we were down in the championship. The usual offering of lazy armchair analysis and terrible editing avoiding key points from the match like the BIllings incidents and some of our best chances like Grealish's curler that nearly went in. Really poor stuff from those involved in the programme.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

^^^  i avoid match of the day as much as possible preferred the EFL show on Quest last season treated mysely to Sky Sports for retirement and much prefer to watch that the presenters aint so obsessed with themselves dress more appropiate and dont show as much bias.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

18/08/2019 : I agree that one of the few drawbacks of being in the EPL is having to suffer MOTD !

EPL (Premier League), Saturday 17/08/2019 : Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth

After this result AVFC's total Form Points remained 0 ... that is, points after 38 games.
The maximum available is now 108 points, with 108 points left to play for.
AVFC are below par and 17th in the table, with 0 points and GD at -3 from 2 games.

Hopefully, this will be the lowest we ever go this Season ! finger-x.jpg

AVFC RFC SAFC