Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Apollo

Match day parking

Match day parking

Any suggestions on match day parking?

past few times have been a nightmare since the addies closed.

I’m after somewhere near to the M6. I don’t mind a walk to and from the ground as it beats sitting in traffic. 

5 hours ago, Apollo said:

Match day parking

Any suggestions on match day parking?

past few times have been a nightmare since the addies closed.

I’m after somewhere near to the M6. I don’t mind a walk to and from the ground as it beats sitting in traffic. 

There are a few options mate. The Sacred Heart is usually decent - you can usually slip away quietly around the back.

There are a lot more street options also, unless that will change this year with us being back in the Premiership.

Might even be worth and quicker parking a train stop or two away from the ground for a quicker exit afterwards.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, avstu said:

There are a few options mate. The Sacred Heart is usually decent - you can usually slip away quietly around the back.

There are a lot more street options also, unless that will change this year with us being back in the Premiership.

Might even be worth and quicker parking a train stop or two away from the ground for a quicker exit afterwards.

Thanks mate 

i come from Nuneaton------------------and---

--leave M6 on the A38M, leave at first island Park Circus---then take first left-  you then have Park Rd N  on the left and Victoria Rd on the right--  since The Addies closed ive parked here with no problems you could park along side of both roads the other side being permit only--its about 10 mins to the HolteEnd and its downhill--

it can take a while to get away if you dont hoof it back pretty quickly after the final whistle---and its dam uphill returning to the car!!----but of course it might all change this season !!

the other problem is  arrival time---both roads tend to fill up 12-30 ----12 .45  ---i usually meet joe Boy outside the Holte Suite at 1---for a 3 .00 kick off-------Good Luck man----!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Thanks mate.

will look into it.

its the getting away at the end that annoys me. 

On 8/11/2019 at 12:19 PM, Apollo said:

Thanks mate.

will look into it.

its the getting away at the end that annoys me. 

Will be worse this year unless things have changed. High attendances at VP were a nightmare traffic wise last season.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

On 8/12/2019 at 3:17 PM, avstu said:

Will be worse this year unless things have changed. High attendances at VP were a nightmare traffic wise last season.

I ended up parking at Sertec as didn’t get to Aston until 14:30 last time. I walked around for an hour afterwards and then got into the car, that was an hour queue to the M6! Nightmare.

I have remembered where I used to park years ago. It was by the Manor tavern. Do you know if that pub is still open? 

On 9/5/2019 at 11:25 AM, Apollo said:

I ended up parking at Sertec as didn’t get to Aston until 14:30 last time. I walked around for an hour afterwards and then got into the car, that was an hour queue to the M6! Nightmare.

I have remembered where I used to park years ago. It was by the Manor tavern. Do you know if that pub is still open? 

I think it is mate but i cant be 100%

Mellberg_Signature.png

admittedly its a been a couple of seasons since i last drove to VP, i found the bottom of cuckoo rd was a good place, just over the bridge opposite power league, little walk passed the king edward and the back of the addies (both now gone) not usually a problem driving in and out my way home - passing star city onto the spine rd towards the fort retail park.

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

13 hours ago, hOltENdR said:

admittedly its a been a couple of seasons since i last drove to VP, i found the bottom of cuckoo rd was a good place, just over the bridge opposite power league, little walk passed the king edward and the back of the addies (both now gone) not usually a problem driving in and out my way home - passing star city onto the spine rd towards the fort retail park.

Thanks mate. I will look into that one as it is bang on the exit I need to take.