Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Aston Villa

EPL (Premier League), Saturday 10/08/2019 : Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, KO 17:30 hours, SKY.

09/08/2019 : This will be the first match at Tottenham's new stadium and what better opening could it have than for Villa to do a North London 'double' and score the first goal there ... as we did at Arsenal.

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 Aston Villa

AVFC RFC SAFC

Buzzing for this, I feel we could do okay though having watched Norwich trounced I am a little bit more cautious now.

I've heard Smith might favour last seasons midfield trio of Hourihane, McGinn and Grealish and I think this would be a sensible approach as this may come a little soon for Nakamba and Luiz.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Its back! Cant wait for this. Lets see what we have got to offer the Premiership.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Come On You Lions------footballs back and Villa are back---

have a great day all them who have gone----and safe travels

am buzzing -even at my age--

Spurs 1   Aston Villa 3

VTID---------------

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Interesting choice for full backs, maybe Guilbert is injured.

Will be delighted with a point.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

super john McGinn yesss

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

EPL (Premier League), Saturday 10/08/2019 : Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Aston Villa

I had forgotten about Tottenham's game against Crystal Palace back in April ... otherwise John McGinn would have opened the scoring at Tottenham's new stadium. A pity AVFC did not get a result, but it seems we were under siege for most of the match. Tottenham equalised in the 73rd minute then got two more in the last 4 minutes ... Mr Kane with both.
We are not going to win every match and if we have to lose then I would rather it be to Tottenham than to any other EPL side.

Attendance : 60,407 (SSN)

AVFC RFC SAFC

oh dear, so impressed with the first half and how they handled themselves , the second half they just lost it, gave away far to many balls,  they just seemed to panic when they got the ball and kicked it to get rid of it,  i was however pleased with some of the signings, to early for me to remember their names, but i will,  spurs just proved themselves far to strong for us, but i was expecting a loss, and i was hoping for a one nil or two nil at the most,  but early days, im sure we have got a lot more in us and it will show itself later on in the season,   far to early to make to many remarks yet, but enjoyed being back to a footballing saturday, really enjoyed the afternoon, roll on next week.

Started to dream but it wasn't too be.

Home to Bournemouth will give us a better measure of the season ahead. 

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Spurs really outclassed us. I think a lot of Villa fans were getting carried away with talk of mid table and comfortably avoiding relegation but equally we must remember we have a lot of new players bedding into the team and I was really encouraged by how threatening we looked on the break in the first half.

Our attempts to keep hold of the ball at times was honestly just terrible in the second half, Grealish in particular was very sloppy dwelling on it a couple of times and costing us a goal. We got away with a lot of mistakes today that need to be cut out. The main thing is we learn from our mistakes and we need to stick with the team even if we do have another few tough days.

Wesley will need to toughen up fast, was going down too easily looking for fouls.

I have no doubt we will learn and improve on today.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."