FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Starting XI

avstu

Starting XI

With the new signings, how do you see Dean Smith lining up this season?

Id go with something like this:

Steer

Taggart           Mings          Engels     Guilbert

Hourihane

McGinn                 

Grealish

Jota                                    El Ghazi

Wesley

Obviously this could change if we sign any more new players.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

2 hours ago, avstu said:

Starting XI

With the new signings, how do you see Dean Smith lining up this season?

Id go with something like this:

Steer

Taggart           Mings          Engels     Guilbert

Hourihane

McGinn                 

Grealish

Jota                                    El Ghazi

Wesley

Obviously this could change if we sign any more new players.

As it stands I'd expect that to be the starting 11.

For me the only thing we are really lacking is a prolific striker, I'm hoping we sign Maupay.

I can see our 11 being that Stu, minus the addition of Luiz who would start in place of Hourihane

I do worry about our defence, so far (I know it's only pre season and it nears little), they've looked shaky and allowed too much possession around our area, losing possession in dangerous areas. It's those wing back positions again. 

And Wesley looks like a good link up striker, I do wonder if he'll be prolific enough to lead the line

mzjj.jpg

Konsa instead of Engels, Luiz in for Hourihane , Trezuguet for Jota and whoever the new goalkeeper is come the end of the transfer window hopefully Butland.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

On 7/21/2019 at 12:25 PM, dorset lion said:

As it stands I'd expect that to be the starting 11.

For me the only thing we are really lacking is a prolific striker, I'm hoping we sign Maupay.

I really dont get the obsession with Maupay. Why do people think he will be more prolific than anything we already have?

7 hours ago, JustRich said:

I can see our 11 being that Stu, minus the addition of Luiz who would start in place of Hourihane

I do worry about our defence, so far (I know it's only pre season and it nears little), they've looked shaky and allowed too much possession around our area, losing possession in dangerous areas. It's those wing back positions again. 

And Wesley looks like a good link up striker, I do wonder if he'll be prolific enough to lead the line

I think if Luiz comes in he will protect the full backs getting forward and probably why Smith wants him.

Also, they will be shaky as they havent played together before, hence why we have done our business so early.

1 hour ago, markymark said:

Konsa instead of Engels, Luiz in for Hourihane , Trezuguet for Jota and whoever the new goalkeeper is come the end of the transfer window hopefully Butland.

Jota seems to be coming out of pre-season with a lot of praise at the moment.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

29 minutes ago, avstu said:

I really dont get the obsession with Maupay. Why do people think he will be more prolific than anything we already have?

I think if Luiz comes in he will protect the full backs getting forward and probably why Smith wants him.

Also, they will be shaky as they havent played together before, hence why we have done our business so early.

Jota seems to be coming out of pre-season with a lot of praise at the moment.

Jota is a decent player, but I hope with the size fee that's being bandied about for Trez he's not coming to sit on the bench.  I remember Trez from the world cup and he looked a very good player,  hopefully we can have a Salah on our hands.  Time will tell. 

1 minute ago, markymark said:

Jota is a decent player, but I hope with the size fee that's being bandied about for Trez he's not coming to sit on the bench.  I remember Trez from the world cup and he looked a very good player,  hopefully we can have a Salah on our hands.  Time will tell. 

Media abroad are saying at £8M we have a steal. But can he settle?

Mellberg_Signature.png

1 hour ago, avstu said:

Media abroad are saying at £8M we have a steal. But can he settle?

Don't see why not,  I'm assuming, but Elmo at the club must be beneficial to help with the settling in process. 

16 hours ago, avstu said:

I think we lack firepower, I have a feeling we are going to sign Maupay.

I suppose what I'm really hoping is that he continues for us as he did at Brentford.

7 hours ago, dorset lion said:

I think we lack firepower, I have a feeling we are going to sign Maupay.

I suppose what I'm really hoping is that he continues for us as he did at Brentford.

I just see a striker who had a decent season at a Championship side. Kodjia did a season or two back. I actually think this league will suit Kodjia better.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Archived