Jump to content
FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. √ó

Scottish Football Thread - 2019/20


Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 more to goūüėé

Celtic 2.1 fk sarajevo  Their fans seemed a good bunch ultras horde zla must have been only about 50 of them..weplay some estonian mob next rnd

nice with a cuppa larry

Europa League Round of 16, 2nd leg, Thursday 06/08/2020 : Bayer Leverkusen v Rangers (3-1), KO 17:55 hours, BT Sport.

02/08/2020 : After a 5 month delay due to Covid-19, Rangers travel to Germany this week for the 2nd leg of this Round of 16 fixture, with a 1-3 deficit from the 1st leg to overcome. I trust this will not be Rangers' last match of the 2019-2020 Season. Q5dhogE.jpg

 

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Link to post
Share on other sites

05/08/2020 : These are the movements, up and down, at the end of Season 2019-2020.

Scotland - Season partially Played, positions on average points per game per team.

Movements Season 2019-2020

Key to Ups and Downs :
Promoted  : Blue - Blue - Auto
Play-Offs : Blue - Indigo - promoted (n/a in 2019-2020)
Play-Offs : Red - Firebrick - relegated (n/a in 2019-2020)
Relegated : Red - Red - Auto

05/08/2020 : Ups and Downs Season 2019-2020, Scotland :

SPFL1 (SPL) (Premiership)
01 Celtic
02 Rangers

12 Heart of Midlothian


SPFL2 (Championship)
01 Dundee United

10 Partick Thistle


SPFL3 (League 1)
01 Raith Rovers

10 Stranraer


SPFL4 (League 2)
01 Cove Rangers

10 Brechin City - Not relegated.


01 Highland League : 01 Brora Rangers
02 Lowland League  : 01 Kelty Hearts

 

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Link to post
Share on other sites

Larry,

You forgot the * next to Celtic (it doesn't count).

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dimitri said:

Ahem new season boy'o 

You picked a scottish team yet mark?

 

 * Ahem ... those are the ups and downs for Season 2019-2020 - they belong in this thread.

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markymark said:

Larry,

You forgot the * next to Celtic (it doesn't count).

What was done was done, Mark. The SPL was prevented from playing out Season 2019-2020 as the EPL did by the Scottish Government, so the SPFL followed the same policy as the EFL did from level 3 downwards - average points per game played per team.

Rangers wanted the SPL Season to be completed and also proposed a 14:18:18 league restructure with no relegations, but the SPFL voted this down. Celtic were therefore awarded the title, which is fair enough by me as per the average points per game formula the SPFL adopted. Nevertheless although real, it must feel to be a somewhat pyrrhic title to have 'won'.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dimi,

 

Rangers were employing a boxing tactic known as the 'rope a dope'.   Lulling you into a false sense of security, then triggering our cunning plan to win all our remaining fixtures 77-0 whilst Celtic failed to register any further points for the remainder of the season.

Thus, Celtic did not legitimately win the title.  :10_wink:

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Larry-AV said:

What was done was done, Mark. The SPL was prevented from playing out Season 2019-2020 as the EPL did by the Scottish Government, so the SPFL followed the same policy as the EFL did from level 3 downwards - average points per game played per team.

Rangers wanted the SPL Season to be completed and also proposed a 14:18:18 league restructure with no relegations, but the SPFL voted this down. Celtic were therefore awarded the title, which is fair enough by me as per the average points per game formula the SPFL adopted. Nevertheless although real, it must feel to be a somewhat pyrrhic title to have 'won'.

 

4 minutes ago, markymark said:

Dimi,

 

Rangers were employing a boxing tactic known as the 'rope a dope'.   Lulling you into a false sense of security, then triggering our cunning plan to win all our remaining fixtures 77-0 whilst Celtic failed to register any further points for the remainder of the season.

Thus, Celtic did not legitimately win the title.  :10_wink:

Personaly i wish this covid19 shite didnt excist and it was played out fairly,scotland had tighter lockdown restrictions tbf,i think we were 13pts clear iirv,who knows what would have happened,but after rangers 1.0 defeat to hamilton they even admited to throwing in the towel most fans at the time wanted gerrard to walk(personaly despite not winning any silverware i think hes improved rangers especially in europe and beating us at home),

rangers wanted null & void,not any titles awarded or played out behind closed doors.

i still regard it as a league title,but feels weird not being there to celebrate it,hopefully fans can get in soon.

We also have last seasons semi final to play in the scot cup,the final to be played on 20th dec,that will feel weird aswell as the suns usually shining at this fixture in may.

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...