Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Official: Jota Signs

Official: Jota Signs

Jota3.ashx?h=720&la=en&mw=1280&w=1280&vs

Welcome, Jota!

Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Jota from Birmingham City. 

The winger has joined for an undisclosed fee and will team up with former boss Dean Smith at Villa Park after putting put pen to paper on a two-year deal. 

After starting his career in his native Spain with the likes of Celta Vigo, Real Madrid B and Eibar, he got his first taste of English football with Brentford, joining the Bees in 2014. 

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

What is everyones opinion on this signing?

I am of the belief that it is a 'trust Smith' kind of season. Being a 2-year deal is a safe one for Villa in my opinion also.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

12 minutes ago, avstu said:

What is everyones opinion on this signing?

I am of the belief that it is a 'trust Smith' kind of season. Being a 2-year deal is a safe one for Villa in my opinion also.

Smith worked with him at Brentford, he must rate him and a look at his record of 69 appearances and 23 goals would explain why, quite a record for a winger.

It also sees Gardner go in the opposite direction so could be a shrewd bit of business.

Just now, dorset lion said:

Smith worked with him at Brentford, he must rate him and a look at his record of 69 appearances and 23 goals would explain why, quite a record for a winger.

It also sees Gardner go in the opposite direction so could be a shrewd bit of business.

Indeed. Be interesting to see how he links up with the likes of Grealish.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Two years is a short contract.  Methinks that is the new owners talking.  No getting stuffed up with long contracts to pay off.  I can understand it.

I trust Smith on his judgement of the player.  It is not like he is going in blind.  He has worked with the player before and knows everything he needs to know about him.  

That's the cake.  Gardner leaving is the icing.

18 minutes ago, accute attention to derail said:

Two years is a short contract.  Methinks that is the new owners talking.  No getting stuffed up with long contracts to pay off.  I can understand it.

I trust Smith on his judgement of the player.  It is not like he is going in blind.  He has worked with the player before and knows everything he needs to know about him.  

That's the cake.  Gardner leaving is the icing.

I think with Adomah going, Green will go out on loan as i dont think he is ready for Premiership football so we could well see someone else come in yet.

Mellberg_Signature.png

29 minutes ago, avstu said:

I think with Adomah going, Green will go out on loan as i dont think he is ready for Premiership football so we could well see someone else come in yet.

I'm assuming Jota is a squad player signing,  rather than a starter. 

Got to be looking at better players than Jota for the starting 11.  Imo 

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Can’t say I have ever really taken any notice of the guy. Fingers crossed that he can cut the mustard.

23 hours ago, Apollo said:

Can’t say I have ever really taken any notice of the guy. Fingers crossed that he can cut the mustard.

All i know is he destroyed us when we played Brentford under Smith

Mellberg_Signature.png

3 hours ago, avstu said:

All i know is he destroyed us when we played Brentford under Smith

I wouldn’t know mate, I have missed a lot of the football since my son has been playing.