Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Dimitri

Will you miss the championship?

Will you miss the championship?

For me,there has been some great games not so great,villa travelled well bringing a great away support at every away ground...

I hate the EPL & what its become but Villa belong there,theyre still bigger than the majority of the clubs imo

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 12:16 PM, Dimitri said:

I hate the EPL & what its become but Villa belong there,theyre still bigger than the majority of the clubs imo

The EPL (and the SPL) were both created from the First Division of their respective Football Leagues to suck the money in the game from the League to themselves. In posts on AVF and elsewhere I have described the EPL as the Greed League and I stand by that.

However, we are where we are and have to deal with reality rather than the more even spread of wealth throughout the game that most folks (I reckon) would prefer to see. Aston Villa is a Level 1 Club and the EPL is Level 1, which means the EPL is where Aston Villa belongs.

So, to answer the question, Will I miss the Championship ? ... No, for in reality it is Division Two, but I would welcome the re-integration of the 92 Clubs into one League, preferably the Football League.

In Scotland this has happened, but the Scottish Football League joined the SPL !

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

4 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

The EPL (and the SPL) were both created from the First Division of their respective Football Leagues to suck the money in the game from the League to themselves. In posts on AVF and elsewhere I have described the EPL as the Greed League and I stand by that.

However, we are where we are and have to deal with reality rather than the more even spread of wealth throughout the game that most folks (I reckon) would prefer to see. Aston Villa is a Level 1 Club and the EPL is Level 1, which means the EPL is where Aston Villa belongs.

So, to answer the question, Will I miss ther Championship ? ... No, for in reality it is Division Two, but I would welcome the re-integration of the 92 Clubs into one League, preferably the Football League.

In Scotland this has happened, but the Scottish Football League joined the SPL !

Scotland spfl must be a 14 to 16 league imo play each twice than the repetitive four times 

Anyway "spread the wealth" yer starting to sound like a commie larry😁

I think the away fixtures in the championship are better 

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

I have mixed emotions, for the clubs long term health we need to be in the top flight but I find the Championship far more interesting because its so competitive. 

We could all take a punt at naming the top 6 in the PL next year, we'd probably all name the same clubs and almost certainly be right, try it with the Championship.

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 1:23 PM, Dimitri said:

Scotland spfl must be a 14 to 16 league imo play each twice than the repetitive four times 

Anyway "spread the wealth" yer starting to sound like a commie larry😁

There are 42 SPFL teams and they could be put into 3 Divisions of 14 teams each. That would give 26 League games, 13 Home, 13 Away, in the Season. Currently the SPL has 38 games (with the Split) and the other Divisions 36 games each. The fixture gap created by reducing the number of League games could be filled by playing the League Cup Group games in the Season instead of at present, pre-Season !

As for 'sound like a commie', I am hoping for a more level playing field in football, maybe achieved by a tax on Transfer fees, with the money raised used to support grass-roots football and lower league clubs. This is more like Labour's 'tax and spend' approach than a 'communist' revolution. Needless to say, the spending should be done by professionals who know the business of football, not career politicians.

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

For the future of Aston Villa we need to be in the premier league as that's where the money is, however, I f**cking hate everything about it.

How does man city apply to FFP, how do most of the teams in that league ?

It's all about who's owner has the most cash to spend on their club, FFS Hednesford Town would be world beaters if someone put £2billion in.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Had some brilliant days following Villa in the championship, great away followings, good atmosphere at most grounds, anybody could beat anybody and it felt like proper football unlike the sanitised corporate product Sky force down us. The apologising for bad language in the stands, crap kick off times and constant blowing smoke up the big boys arses and ordinary English players are just some of the elements that they do to help make it a proper cringe fest at times not that they aren't guilty of some of the same offences in the championship

Ultimately we need to be in the PL if we want to keep our best players like Grealish and it's important for the health of the club but I really do hate what the PL has become like B6 says.

You could head to any away game in the championship with a real belief you could get 3 points, let's face it 90% of the time heading to City, Chelsea etc it's a forgone conclusion. If you weren't up for it a team of bang average players like Millwall would walk all over you regardless of who you were.

I think they should make the final champions league spot a play off like the championship to make it more interesting. Have 4 teams battle it out for the last spot.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

3 hours ago, Dublin Villain said:

I think they should make the final champions league spot a play off like the championship to make it more interesting. Have 4 teams battle it out for the last spot.

I'd like to make the Champions League what it once was, the European Cup but with a slight twist...same setup as the FA Cup but every top flight club in Europe goes in the hat for an unseeded home or away draw, 9 rounds should be plenty to include every club. That would level the playing field somewhat, one bad performance from Real Madrid if they draw Sheffield United away in the 1st round and they're out, no more guaranteed income of millions for the cartel these clubs have created on the backs of every other club.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

I'd like to make the Champions League what it once was, the European Cup but with a slight twist...same setup as the FA Cup but every top flight club in Europe goes in the hat for an unseeded home or away draw, 9 rounds should be plenty to include every club. That would level the playing field somewhat, one bad performance from Real Madrid if they draw Sheffield United away in the 1st round and they're out, no more guaranteed income of millions for the cartel these clubs have created on the backs of every other club

I like that idea, Dorset, but I would add this, on the assumption that the 'Champions' League would include clubs that were not champions, but had finished 2nd to 3rd or 4th. Seed the League Champions from every country, so they do not clash, at least in the first round and have the rest unseeded. For the second (or maybe 3rd) round have no seeding and let the best team win !

AVFC RFC SAFC

i have to say i agree with all your comments, but at the end of the day, we play to win, and to beat the best you have to be in it, ive missed the prem, still not sure how we will do, but i find it much more interesting, their is no finer feeling to be at the top and to have beaten the rest, we have been there, and done it.